Dall, Grizz, Moose!

Roughneck Country

Feb 28, 2012
Alberta
My buddy and I are going to Alaska this year for a Dall, Moose, and Grizz hunt. We have 15 days of actual hunting and are pumped for it! We are going with an outfitter as we are non-res Aliens. Just wondering about other peoples experiences and how realistic is it to expect to be able to get all three animals in this amount of time? I am realistically hoping for 2 out of the 3 species. We will be in the Alaska Range as well.

Also just wondering what other hunters have experienced hunting this range.

Thanks!

COhunter

Feb 24, 2011
eastern co
well that shounds like a great time!! we did a hunt in 09. we had a 12 day hunt..10 days of hunting. 3 of us went and killed 2 moose and 3 sheep. dident have griz tags but could of killed one. other guy could of killed a moose...just dident want to deal with it!! i killed my sheep the first day and killed my moose the first day of moose season...proly best hunt i will ever be on!!! i would say if you have a good outfitter you should kill atleast 2 of the 3 animals. where are you going and who are you going with?

Roughneck Country

Feb 28, 2012
Alberta
well that shounds like a great time!! we did a hunt in 09. we had a 12 day hunt..10 days of hunting. 3 of us went and killed 2 moose and 3 sheep. dident have griz tags but could of killed one. other guy could of killed a moose...just dident want to deal with it!! i killed my sheep the first day and killed my moose the first day of moose season...proly best hunt i will ever be on!!! i would say if you have a good outfitter you should kill atleast 2 of the 3 animals. where are you going and who are you going with?
We are going with Steve Johnson of Ultimate Alaskan Adventures. He had really good refferences from a variety of people all over the US and Canada as well. We will be hunting the Alaska Range but we also had the Chugach as an option as well.