Companies that support keeping public land public

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I find it interesting that after looking at that list some of the bigger names (IMO) didn't pop out at me like Cabela's (soon to be Bass Pro), Bass Pro, Sitka, Kuiu, Leuopold, and many others. Possibly some because they are not based in the US, like Swarovski, Zeiss, or Nikon but a lot of US based companies that I do not see.

Last edited:

mntnguide

Very Active Member
First Lite is one of the leading companies in support of public lands and the BHA organization. That is why they will always keep my business and respect..Kuiu's founder is to busy going on private land hunts and 50k+ sheep hunts to care to support public lands..just my thoughts though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
First Lite is one of the leading companies in support of public lands and the BHA organization. That is why they will always keep my business and respect..Kuiu's founder is to busy going on private land hunts and 50k+ sheep hunts to care to support public lands..just my thoughts though.

Agree on First Lite (FL) support of public lands and BHA. FL customer service is outstanding as well. This information came from Ryan Callaghan with FL. Super nice guy and he will talk to you on the phone for as long as you like answering all questions until the customer is satisfied. I have been using FL gear for 4 season and very impressed.

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
I find it interesting that after looking at that list some of the bigger names (IMO) didn't pop out at me like Cabela's (soon to be Bass Pro), Bass Pro, Sitka, Kuiu, Leuopold, and many others. Possibly some because they are not based in the US, like Swarovski, Zeiss, or Nikon but a lot of US based companies that I do not see.

Agree. Before we buy we should ask why they aren't on the list. They may not be aware of it.

NDguy

Aug 12, 2016

Amen to that. One of the reasons I did not go with Kuiu/Sitka for my clothing.

droptine

May 19, 2014
Minnesota
I got an email today saying that the public land transfer was beat down!! This is very good news. Bought my wife a north face jacket today. After looking at the list, I'm glad I did!!

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
I got an email today saying that the public land transfer was beat down!! This is very good news. Bought my wife a north face jacket today. After looking at the list, I'm glad I did!!
If you mean you got an e-mail about Wyoming's land transfer bill....not so fast. It will come back from the dead I'm almost positive.
Senate president Bebout says he "Killed it" but that it may reappear later....he's a slinky weasel that bears watching.

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
Would be interesting to see the opinion on the large gun manufactures. S&W, Remington Group (Henry, Bushmaster, H&R, etc.), Savage, etc. Might be out there but too lazy to look for it.
Also, the big sporting goods stores (Cabelas, BassPro, Sportsmens Warehouse) have not signed on. We need to put pressure on all of the above to get off the fence!