Colorado antelope unit 3/301

fuzzyvelvet

Oct 17, 2016
I got lucky and drew this tag in the hybrid draw. What can I expect for size? Is it worth holding out for 80+? How is the hunting pressure? Any areas to start scouting? I already made 1 trip out and didn't see much in terms of size, but quite a few goats running around. PM me with any details. Thanks.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I hunted 4 next to it in 2016,,I would say 75" + would be a shooter,,,good luck on the 3 side

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I drew it in 2012...hybrid draw also. Like CODAK mentioned, a few years back they increased the amount of tags. I didn't get to hunt it as a few weeks before the season, my Dad passed away and I had to go to California for family matters. turned the tag in and got my points back. During scouting, I never saw anything near the 80" mark.

JPSeveland

Jun 8, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming
Great area great goats my brother has a tag there this year I have hunted gum 4 multiple times there are 80 inch goats here just get off the road find those small cuts that you can’t see from the road. I would say 80 is doable just going to take a lot of time and scouting.