China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho

SDbowhunter

Feb 21, 2011
Winner, SD
I heard today that China has at least 20 "self sustaining cities" in their own country, that are completly vacant right now except for about 2,000 people who run it although the cities are rumored to be able to support about 2 million people per city. They are scattered all throughout the country including right in the middle of the harshest desert in china. any thoughts on why they were built ! at the time they were asked, chinese athorities said it was to "boost" the chinese economy

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
Am I missing something? Where is the scary part? Are the Chinese trying to take over the US by building a fertilizer plant? Sounds like there could be some good jobs coming to Idahoans in that area, not unlike the Chinese company building the solar panel factory near Pocatello.

That website was kind of funny, I liked the "Vaccinations are bad for your Children" ads.

BADbuckfever

Mar 10, 2011
Orange, CA
www.infowars.com
Sounds like the Chinese government likes Idaho. I would be thinking that a COMMUNIST country buying up lots of land in our country is a dangerous thing. Communism is a tyrannical form of government and the government controls business and every other facet of their subjects lives. So this isnt about business, its about globalism. It may be something new for a few of you, but the writting's on the wall. "He who has an ear, let him hear." Mt. 11:15

Do some research on your own on these topics. If you guys care about our sovereignty it would be wise to stay informed.

PS -How much of our debt does the Chinese government OWN?

Answer: 1,160.1 BILLION dollars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt#Foreign_holders_of_U.S._Treasury_Securities

Last edited:

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
BADbuckfever,

I wasn't trying to get you too riled up there, and apologize if I did. I did research the topic, and think it merits keeping an eye on it. I, too, am concerned about all of our national debt, and not just what we have borrowed from China.

I'm just a little leery of the infowars angle on the story, the writer was taking some pretty big leaps in logic with the actual facts. The articles I read on it indicate the jobs will be mostly for Americans, and the local supporters want the jobs and industry, but aren't too keen on the whole self-contained city aspect. The project would have to follow all of the local, state, and national laws and regulations to move forward with development. Just because a Chinese government-owned company buys land in Idaho, doesn't make that land China.

I certainly don't want to be part of New Red China, or a Globalist Government, and I agree that keeping vigilant is important, but I also don't want to keep a bunch of good Idahoans out of work because some industrial funding is coming from China. We sure as heck have sent enough money there, it would be nice to see some come back.

Anyway, enough politics for me, I'm headin' back to check out some hunting threads.

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
NO WAY. They messed up there country, and it is dirty, and now they want to come here. I think the boys from northern ID, might have something to say about that.

SDbowhunter

Feb 21, 2011
Winner, SD
I'm all about getting jobs for americans as well, I just felt it was Ironic. Yes it is hard to dicifer what is good intel and what is just some journalists goofy ideology, but you can never tell what a communist regime's plan is. As far as the Idaho cituation, if its a genuine legitimate chinese company I wouldn't be as afraid as if it were a chinese government backed company.