CC Being Hit For Utah Tags

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
I'm afraid to look due to everything else hitting my card and seeing the balance. Lol

Think I'm still a couple years out on antelope. Everything else I just bought points.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I am close to drawing my bison tag but with the fiasco that happened on the Wild Horse Bench herd this last year and with only 4 tags being drawn for this years group of hunters I doubt that I'll draw that one. In a way I am glad that I won't draw it but the way that my luck go I'll be one of the non residents that actually draws that tag, and that is the one that I can't afford right now.

But I am also close to my antelope tag, just how close I don't know but it is a possibility. I am off the waiting period for my LE deer and I put back in for a muzzle loader tag in the Book Cliffs but that one is a pipe dream with 0 points. But with Utah's bonus point system it can and has happened before with others with 0 points.

I just have to wait for the text to come over my phone telling me that I have a charge. It is a lot easier than checking my CC every few minutes for the next couple of weeks.

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
I am close to drawing my bison tag but with the fiasco that happened on the Wild Horse Bench herd this last year and with only 4 tags being drawn for this years group of hunters I doubt that I'll draw that one. In a way I am glad that I won't draw it but the way that my luck go I'll be one of the non residents that actually draws that tag, and that is the one that I can't afford right now.

But I am also close to my antelope tag, just how close I don't know but it is a possibility. I am off the waiting period for my LE deer and I put back in for a muzzle loader tag in the Book Cliffs but that one is a pipe dream with 0 points. But with Utah's bonus point system it can and has happened before with others with 0 points.

I just have to wait for the text to come over my phone telling me that I have a charge. It is a lot easier than checking my CC every few minutes for the next couple of weeks.
I think I have 9 points on antelope going in.
Everything else I have 7.

Drew swan with a point a couple years ago and got a nice one. Beautiful flying mount

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Don K

Very Active Member
Sep 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
That's a sweet tag. I have seen some real nice bulls out there.
Im excited, archery elk, Utah, a L.E. tag!

Gonna probably bring my son along looks like he can go.

Gonna lock in my time at work this morning, and the planning begins :)

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Im excited, archery elk, Utah, a L.E. tag!

Gonna probably bring my son along looks like he can go.

Gonna lock in my time at work this morning, and the planning begins :)
This is awesome! Congrats Don! Pretty sure we'd all love to follow along on this one!

El Serio

Feb 1, 2018
Nothing for me, but that was no surprise. Only tags I could apply for this year were sheep (14 pts) and LE deer (0 points). With odds that low, I didn't even get my hopes up.

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
I know CC hits can go on for a while but my question is, is there any rhym or reason to UT’s draw? Do they do all deer first then elk, or some kind of other pattern.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Nope, they do all the draws and then start charging cards.

I haven't seen any OIL tags or pronghorn yet just deer and elk both general seasons and limited entry ones.

El Serio

Feb 1, 2018
I know CC hits can go on for a while but my question is, is there any rhym or reason to UT?s draw? Do they do all deer first then elk, or some kind of other pattern.
From the 2018 guidebook page 15:

Understand the drawing
order
Utah Admin. Rule R657-62-18
A better understanding of the drawing
order may affect which permits you decide to
apply for. Big game permits are drawn in the
following order:
First Buck deer (multi-season premium
limited-entry, premium limited-entry,
multi-season limited-entry, limited-entry,
CWMU, cactus and management buck
deer)
Second Bull elk (multi-season limited-
entry, limited-entry and CWMU)
Third Buck pronghorn (limited-entry
and CWMU)
Fourth Once-in-a-lifetime permits
Fifth General buck deer (Lifetime
License holders)
Sixth General buck deer (Dedicated
Hunters)
Seventh General buck deer (youth)
Eighth General buck deer
Last Youth any bull elk

Because of the order in which permits are
drawn, you will
not
be included in the drawing
for a once-in-a-lifetime permit if you draw any
of the following permits:
Buck deer (multi-season premium
limited-entry, premium limited-entry,
multi-season limited-entry, limited-entry,
CWMU, cactus or management buck deer)
Bull elk (multi-season limited-entry,
limited-entry or CWMU)
Buck pronghorn (limited-entry or CWMU)
For more information, please visit
wildlife.utah.gov/drawings

Last edited:

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
Well damn I have a friend and I that have a combined 4 points for Gen Deer, and the draw we put in for should be able to get pulled every 1-2 years. Hope they are just a little slow on the charges.

El Serio

Feb 1, 2018
Well damn I have a friend and I that have a combined 4 points for Gen Deer, and the draw we put in for should be able to get pulled every 1-2 years. Hope they are just a little slow on the charges.
I think you mentioned a Cabela's card in an earlier post? They can be 2 days behind others in posting charges. I wouldn't give up hope.