Casper, WY info

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
So I'll be in Casper this October. Any recommendations on things to see, do, or places to eat? Since we will be hunting and may choose to use a butcher shop. Any recommendations?

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
So I'll be in Casper this October. Any recommendations on things to see, do, or places to eat? Since we will be hunting and may choose to use a butcher shop. Any recommendations?
Country style meats. 106th north 4th st. Glenrock, WY 82637. 307-436-5439. Very reasonable, quick.

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
Country style meats. 106th north 4th st. Glenrock, WY 82637. 307-436-5439. Very reasonable, quick. Casper, Wyoming: Pat's Meat Processing (307) 237-3045

ROGER SANCHEZ

Dec 3, 2012
We used Pat's meats and we were very happy. Very reasonably priced, fast and they vacuum seal everything [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
I will also be in the Casper area for Muley and lopes. Any recommendations on Taxidermist. I found this place online and a few others Living Legends Taxidermy Std. I have used Nature Designs in the past but I don't want to mess with shipping.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
×2 on pats meats. Used them on our antelope trip 2 yrs ago. Quick and clean work,all vacuum sealed too.

ADavid

Mar 11, 2011
Casper, WY
Dans Meat as far as a processor, Living Legends for Taxidermy. I wouldn't say we have any real standout places to eat that are local, Js Pub and Firerock are two that come to mind, Or Raccas if you like pizza. As far as things to see it really depends what your into, we have a few different kind of museums/trail centers, a little waterfall at the base of the mountain (Rotary Park). pretty good fishing in the north platte.

Last edited:

stackem

Jan 26, 2017
Was wondering about the same info as the OP. I'll be hunting 47-1. I've been looking, but it's nice to get some intel.

roknHS

Sep 25, 2014
North Idaho, Tick Fever Country
Dan's Meats was excellent. $70 bucks for an antelope I think. I will use them again for sure. We spent a few days in the RV park East of town on the river. Very nice folks and very helpful. Got down in the teens at night......froze the water hose. Places we ate were decent but nothing stood out as a vivid gotta go back there joint. I liked Casper as a bigger town.......but I'd rather stay in a smaller town.

Triple BB

Jun 22, 2013
Wyoming
I'd go with Pats for meat processing. He does smoked meats and jerky for a lot of other meat processors in Wyoming. I told a buddy to go to Pats last year and he ended up taking his elk somewhere else. He was bragging up the jalapeno and cheese sausage he got. When he brought some over, I showed him in the top corner in small print where it said PMD. I told him he got Pat's sausage after all. IMO, Bob at Sundowner is the premier fish taxidermist in Casper. He also does or did fish for a lot of the other taxi's around here. Bob's signature on his fish is he puts an asterisk inside the mouth of the fish. If you pick up a fish from one of the other taxi's around here and there's an asterisk in the mouth, Bob mounted it. For big game, I'd also check out Swann's on 2nd Street. He does some impressive work and did a great job of mounting a white turkey for me...

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska
Wife and I ate at HQ BBQ last night on our way home from Sheridan. Yup, it's on our list of good places to eat. Ribs were some of the best I've had. She was wishing we lived closer!