Bow hunting Antelope in the Scotts bluff area? 1549 miles away.........

The last savage

Mar 15, 2017
Hey guys,my son and I are doing a diy,camping,cheap as all possible pronghorn trip,with a side of mule deer hunting on the plate! Any input,advice,,tips ffrom you locals? We'd be happy with ANY goat, or mule deer . We're not trophy guys just real hunters,wanna have a great trip with realistic hopes of a deer or goat...we can't afford outfitters but we listen well and are hard chargers! Looking at mid Sept,,.have 8 days,,.throw it out there if anything you think will help a positive hunt,,,I'm a smallmouth fishing guide on the mid Potomac,,I'd love to put at a Nebraska man on some freight train smallmouth! Thx fellas for any and all input....Pat & Hunter knight

The last savage

Mar 15, 2017
No I'm not on hunt talk. But I did post a similar post on the bow hunting section of eastmans..I simply posted it in the pronghorn section to ad to my search base..????? Thanks for noticing the relation.. Good job?

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
"Potomac" as in MD/VA? I grew up in Bethesda, MD; have fond memories of fishing the river for bronze backs in the stretch between Goose creek and the Monocacy as a teenager in the 1980s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The last savage

Mar 15, 2017
Hey prerylyon,he'll yeah bro,,I'm up harpers ferry ! Good fishing all over this area. My wife used to work in Bethesda...small world brother ...

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
So, for what I think you're looking to do with this, you might want to consider going for reduced price doe tags in other western states. Its late for the WY draw, that deadline was last Friday, but there will be a leftovers list. Present, and near future circumstances, have limited me to a shoestring hunting budget. Doe/cow tags get me afield learning the skills I'll need when I have enough points to draw a buck or bull tag someday, and the time and budget to devote to it, plus, I get to scout country, along with an honest chance of bringing home some wild game meat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigSexy

Feb 21, 2011
Southeast Nebraska
Scottsbluff NE? Be sure to contact landowners as Nebraska is over 98% privately owned land. Easier to get permission in the western side of the state, but even then, you’d hate to waste 2 hunting days looking for permission