Big Agnes Fishhook UL2 Tent

JPSeveland

Jun 8, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming
I am looking into getting a new backpacking tent for my self this year and have come to the conclusion you buy big agnes or hilliburg i have a kelty but its a bit heavyer then i would like. The big agnes fishhook looks to be a nice tent. This tent does not have a zipper door on it and was currious if any one out there has used this tent and what they think of it. Thank you.

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
Go to steapandcheap to buy it. This was not a big hit from BA, so they sell really cheap on clearance.

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
what do you guys think of the angle springs model?
http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-cache/shelter-up-with-great-deals-on-tents/BAG001D-GOL
Looks like good deal I want a ultra light 3 person so you can actually sleep 2 people comfortably. It says there is a double wall but also says it is mostly mesh so I am thinking it may not retain heat well up in the bighorns in late October.
As soon as you get these types of tents big enough for 3 people, you also flatten the top out to collect ice and snow. I think you can get away with it on 1P and 2P a little better.

I have never had the floorless TP's, but I agree this may be a great time for you to look into it.

islandlaker

Feb 23, 2014
Minnesota
Thanks for the info guys. I have a wall tent with a stove but the thing is so darn heavy. I want to be able to pack in all my gear about five miles in to where I want to hunt and the wall tent is not an option. I have been peaking at those teepees recently and that has caught my interest.

gofishin12

Feb 18, 2012
Go with the 3 man tent! I have the copper spur UL3 and like it. I can't imagine 2 people in a 2 man tent.