Back to Bird Hunting....

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Well, filled my general tag and my "B" tag Friday afternoon with a couple of cow elk. Was a weird season for sure, started out with a ton of elk in late September, then big snow came to the ranch I hunt near Big Timber, with 3 foot up high and 2 foot at the ranch down low. But that all melted and so did the elk it seemed...lol. Then things picked up here late in the year, saw a few really nice bulls, but was either busted, or on the neighbors place. Finally Friday afternoon, I came upon a herd and was able to shoot the lead cow, followed by another cow behind her, then ofcourse all heck broke loose, there were lots more behind those 2, oh well, I will have some good eats for the family and friends this winter, now I can get back to hunting birds with my hounds. Hopefully the birds I left in early November will still be around Sheridan county! Happy Holidays Everyone!

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Pheasants mainly, some huns when the dogs get into them. Been a really great year for birds where I hunt. Lots of geese around too, but that may change with sub-zero temps for highs after tomorrow, welcome to north east Montana!