Assault Weapons Ban Appears To Be Doomed!

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Majority leader Harry Reid informed Sen. Diane Feinstein that he would not be bringing her bill banning assault weapons to the floor, as it had no chance of passing. Feinstein responded "I very much regret it. I tried my best.". Many thanks to Wayne LaPierre and the NRA for its fierce defense of gun owners rights. Very sad and unbelievable to me that we have an estimated 110 Million Gun Owners in this country, but only 5 Million are NRA Members. If you are not a member, shame on you. Check the NRA website and Associated Press for more. information on this story.

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
The fight is not over. Other bills are moving forward. Others are surly being written as we read this post. I don't believe the "Gun Control Agenda" is going away any time soon, if ever. If you own a gun or believe in the 2nd amendment, support is needed still.

The ultimate goal of Obama’s push on guns was universal background checks on gun purchases, not the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban.

Democrats were always going to be willing to bargain away the assault weapons ban since they knew it simply couldn’t pass. But, by pushing as hard for it for as long as they did, Democrats can now go to moderate legislators — not to mention the American people — and argue that broadening background checks is now the compromise position. Ask for the world, then bargain downwards.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The fight is not over. Other bills are moving forward. Others are surly being written as we read this post. I don't believe the "Gun Control Agenda" is going away any time soon, if ever. If you own a gun or believe in the 2nd amendment, support is needed still.

The ultimate goal of Obama’s push on guns was universal background checks on gun purchases, not the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban.

Democrats were always going to be willing to bargain away the assault weapons ban since they knew it simply couldn’t pass. But, by pushing as hard for it for as long as they did, Democrats can now go to moderate legislators — not to mention the American people — and argue that broadening background checks is now the compromise position. Ask for the world, then bargain downwards.
You have it right....just keep chipping away a little bit at a time. Eventually the tree will fall.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
There is a bill to ban all lead ammo in cali that is trying to get pushed through.
Yea, That is one of many.... instead of me paying $70 for a box of 20 I'll have to pay $100. What a joke huh. Somebody needs to shoot those condors, and the wolves coming in from oregon too:cool:

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Write to your elected officials! Contrary to popular opinion, we do have some pro-gun legislators in California-just not enough of them. This is the text of a response to my letter to the Hon. Curt Hagman, Republican Floor Leader, and the Assemblyman for my District. Well said, in my opinion.

"...Thank you for contacting my office to express your opposition to any legislation that seeks to further take away or restrict gun rights in the State of California.

As your State Assemblyman, please be assured that I strongly share in your opposition to any restrictive gun legislation. I am a firm supporter of the Second Amendment which gives us the freedom and right to bear arms. It is outrageous that these kinds of bills are even being considered. We need to focus our efforts on strengthening the economy and creating jobs, not pu'nishingal1a regulating law abiding citizens.

I will not give up the fight to protect our basic rights and I hope you will also continue this cause. As always, I will continue to oppose and vote against any restrictive gun legislation... ."

/s/ Assemblyman Curt Hagman, District 55

wapiti66

Aug 21, 2011
Kansas
More bills will show up. But this one being "shot down" is a positive turn. Those senators want re-elected and anybody voting to take away citizens rights is risking their career...that's their #1 goal...keep their jobs.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Good for Reid. Backround checks are a must and armed Gards in schools will help detour shootings but nothing will ever stop gun violonce all we can do is try to do everything to protect our families and our rights.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Good for Reid. Backround checks are a must and armed Gards in schools will help detour shootings but nothing will ever stop gun violonce all we can do is try to do everything to protect our families and our rights.
Correct, except that the "background checks" they're pushing would stop all gun sales between individuals. They want to eliminate Gun Shows and they want background checks on ammo bought over the internet. Or a complete ban on internet ammo & gun sales.