Another reason to vote Republican!!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
dems are liars by nature.
they will tell any lie they must top attain power and then when they fail ,they lie to themselves and blame their failure on others.

here in Idaho the gal running dem for governor accused the repub running, of fracking on his land.

he said ,"there is no fracking in Idaho , the geology here is such they have no need to."

she the replied, " if elected to governor ,I will fight to stop fracking in Idaho."

to which he replied," well then , I guess it is a fight you would win, BECAUSE THERE IS NO FRACKING IN IDAHO!!!

oh well , can't speak for others but I would happily give up my license if it kept even one dem from office!!!

Last edited:

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
one of the things I like about this forum is the lack of political talk.

plenty of gun loving democrats out there... checkout the liberal gun club on twitter/facebook.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
one of the things I like about this forum is the lack of political talk.

plenty of gun loving democrats out there... checkout the liberal gun club on twitter/facebook.
could be true BUT if one loves guns it is not intelligent to vote dem.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am sick right now of both parties.

They're just a bunch of pom-pom girls waving their hands in the air, hiking their skirts up to the highest bidder; screaming and rooting for their team and doing little to help further our nation's citizens and this country.

I'll tell you what: if Trump wants me to keep voting for his cronies, I want to hear about how he's gonna kick all these people off welfare and use my taxes wisely: fine go ahead and build a wall, but tell me how you are gonna end welfare and stop these lazy people, who do nothing for our country, wasting our taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I am sick right now of both parties.

They're just a bunch of pom-pom girls waving their hands in the air, hiking their skirts up to the highest bidder; screaming and rooting for their team and doing little to help further our nation's citizens and this country.

I'll tell you what: if Trump wants me to keep voting for his cronies, I want to hear about how he's gonna kick all these people off welfare and use my taxes wisely: fine go ahead and build a wall, but tell me how you are gonna end welfare and stop these lazy people, who do nothing for our country, wasting our taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
certainly can't argue with that.

as for the wall. one wall of bullets would put an end to the advancing caravan at the border.

of coarse , everyone knows we have become much to "civilized to do such a thing. what a pity!!!

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
This was a dumb ad but there is some truth to it. The jist of it was that if you aren't a resident of ND and vote in the ND election, you could lose your resident hunting license in the state in which you are actually a resident. All you really need in ND to vote is an address and then you declare that you are a resident. Again, a really dumb way of saying something.

Quite awhile ago, I emailed the Republican candidate and he was in favor of transferring land to the state. Hard to vote for him when he says that.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
This was a dumb ad but there is some truth to it. The jist of it was that if you aren't a resident of ND and vote in the ND election, you could lose your resident hunting license in the state in which you are actually a resident. All you really need in ND to vote is an address and then you declare that you are a resident. Again, a really dumb way of saying something.

Quite awhile ago, I emailed the Republican candidate and he was in favor of transferring land to the state. Hard to vote for him when he says that.
no candidates are perfect and that is a fact.

however any time I have ever been disenchanted with the republican it merely takes a glance at the democrats platform to realize any republican is a better choice then any democrat.

makes no sense to not vote for one you agree with on only half the issues ,if it's going to help elect one ,you agree with on nothing.

grizzly

Dec 3, 2013
UT
The greatest trick the Republicans ever pulled was convincing voters they were fiscal conservatives. Trumps deficit this year is $779,000,000,000. Yet the Republicans keep sending the legislation and hardly a word is said.

To those saying Democrats want to give welfare to get votes, what do you say to Trump giving farmers $12,000,000,000. Or Trump promising another tax cut just 10 days ago while stumping in Nevada that he said would be rolled out, "sometime around the first of November, maybe a little before."

Republicans hated when Obama used Executive Orders yet watch Trump do it with everything from the wall funding to tariffs, treaties, farmer welfare, and the 14th Amendment.

Go watch Reagan's speeches and they were about building America, the strength of a family with a dream and edifying our country. Trump runs on negatives ("Lock Her Up" and "Build The Wall").

I vote public lands. I know Democrats that are pro-gun, but I don't know a single Democrat that supports the land grab.

I vote both parties every election, judging by the individual candidates. If all I did was support a party, they'd be effectively telling me what to think instead of me telling them what I think.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I had a Republican fundraising pac call me a while back. The last election I did send some money to a Republican candidate so I apparently got on a list. I listened for a bit and finally told them that I don't think the Republicans are worth a s**t either and would not be sending them money. If I spend money supporting a candidate it will always be an individual candidate I support and not just throwing money at a pac to spend as they will. It's the only place in government I feel like I have any ability to make sure my money is spent how I want it to be.

I do primarily vote Republican but I have a harder time doing it all the time. Not because the Democrats are better, I agree with them less, but because the Republicans no longer give any more than lip service to fiscal conservatism. They might spend less than the Democrats, but they still spend far to much.

I try to vote for individual candidates also, but damn it's hard to find a candidate I want to support these days. I don't just listen to their speeches, I go in and look at their voting records. I sometimes find that their websites conveniently forget to show their votes on issues that will be unpopular in the state and I have to go to other sites to find how they voted.

I think our system became broken when politics became a career instead of a public service you did before returning to your regular life. The people are at fault also by not staying informed and holding politicians accountable, but I honestly don't know how we get back to that at this point. Guess I should shut up, I can identify problems but don't have the answers.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho

By Cynthia Sewell
csewell@idahostatesman.com

LinkedIn

Google+

Pinterest

Reddit

Print
Order Reprint of this Story

November 03, 2018 02:12 PM
Updated November 05, 2018 04:55 PM
CORRECTION: This article originally misdescribed Brad Little?s oil and gas leases.
Republican gubernatorial candidate Brad Little has acknowledged allowing oil and gas exploration on some of his land.
His Democratic opponent, Paulette Jordan, sought this past week to connect him to fracking, the controversial hydraulic process used to extract difficult stores of oil and gas from shale rock.
Her campaign on Monday issued a news release: ?In November of 2013, Little signed a lease with Snake River Oil and Gas to give access to more than 2,000 acres of his land in Canyon and Gem counties for fracking.?
Be the first to know.
No one covers what is happening in our community better than we do. And with a digital subscription, you'll never miss a local story.
SIGN ME UP!
Later that same day, the issue came up during the KTVB gubernatorial debate, sparking a heated exchange.
When Jordan raised concerns about Little?s interest in and involvement with fracking on his land, Little responded, ?I don?t know where you got that because there has been no fracking in Idaho.?
Jordan retorted: ?The fact that our current lieutenant governor here is saying that this isn?t an issue, and he is not a part of bringing hydraulic fracturing to the state of Idaho, this is an issue for us.? She added that Little said he wanted ?us to open up and expand to allow fracking.?
?I never said that,? Little responded. He then told Jordan, ?Well, you will be successful in stopping fracking because there is no fracking.?
The Statesman asked the Idaho Department of Lands to clarify the status of fracking in Idaho.
?There is currently no fracking in Idaho,? said spokesperson Sharla Arledge. ?What we have are vertical or near-vertical conventional wells.?
Arledge said the geology of western Idaho, where oil and gas is produced, is primarily sand and not shale. Fracking is typically used with the latter, not with the former. ?Hydraulic fracturing is used in oil and gas fields where the hydrocarbons are locked into tight rocks like shale, and high water pressure is needed to break open the rocks and allow the hydrocarbons to flow and be captured.?
Idaho rules do allow for hydraulic fracturing, but to date the state has not received any applications. ?The application is more rigorous than a standard application to drill,? Arledge said. ?Additional data is required and must be reviewed by both Idaho Department of Lands and Department of Environmental Quality.?
She also addressed online comments around a concept called ?mini-fracking.?
?The term ?mini-fracking? was a term made up by Bridge Resources. You?ll find it nowhere else in the oil and gas industry,? she said, referring to a Colorado-based company that drilled some commercial natural gas wells in Payette County, then sold them to other developers several years ago.
?It appears what they were describing is the use of pressurized mud to stimulate flow to the well. Bridge did not follow through with this method,? she said.

After media began fact-checking Jordan?s claims, her campaign issued another press release on Wednesday acknowledging that no fracking permits have been pulled in Idaho.

The campaign then referenced problems with Alta Mesa, a Texas oil company that has fracking operations in other states, but not in Idaho.
The state is investigating Alta Mesa, but not over fracking. Idaho is trying to determine if Alta Mesa is accurately reporting the amount of oil and gas it is drawing from its local wells, and if it is paying the correct amount of royalties to the state on three Alta Mesa wells in which the state has an interest, according to an Oct. 10 Associated Press report.
As for Little?s leases: His campaign said Little did sign exploratory leases on some land in 2013, but they have all since expired and no land was ever put into production. He also bought land in 2017 with one existing exploratory oil and gas lease that is still active; there has been no activity on it.

Read more here: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/election/article221043825.html#storylink=cpy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The greatest trick the Republicans ever pulled was convincing voters they were fiscal conservatives. Trumps deficit this year is $779,000,000,000. Yet the Republicans keep sending the legislation and hardly a word is said.

To those saying Democrats want to give welfare to get votes, what do you say to Trump giving farmers $12,000,000,000. Or Trump promising another tax cut just 10 days ago while stumping in Nevada that he said would be rolled out, "sometime around the first of November, maybe a little before."

Republicans hated when Obama used Executive Orders yet watch Trump do it with everything from the wall funding to tariffs, treaties, farmer welfare, and the 14th Amendment.

Go watch Reagan's speeches and they were about building America, the strength of a family with a dream and edifying our country. Trump runs on negatives ("Lock Her Up" and "Build The Wall").

I vote public lands. I know Democrats that are pro-gun, but I don't know a single Democrat that supports the land grab.

I vote both parties every election, judging by the individual candidates. If all I did was support a party, they'd be effectively telling me what to think instead of me telling them what I think.
I say ,at least farmers work for a living instead of sitting in basement on mommies couch smoking weed and eatin twinkies. lol

yes ,there is no doubt ,republicans are far from perfect.

I don't like executive orders either but it seems it is the world we now live in since neither party is capable of legislating anymore.

the greatest trick the democrats ever pulled was convincing folks that they are not racists. yup! I did what the demies do ,I pulled the race card.

but I don't stop there , they also despise women , guns, deplorables (hunters),basically anything pertaining to Christianity, free speech, the constitution AND OUR REPUBLIC!

sure the republican candidate is almost always ,nothing but the lesser of two evils.

but there can be zero doubt, 100% of the time, the democrat platform IS the greatest evil this nation has ever faced!
that is what I think!!!

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I had a Republican fundraising pac call me a while back. The last election I did send some money to a Republican candidate so I apparently got on a list. I listened for a bit and finally told them that I don't think the Republicans are worth a s**t either and would not be sending them money. If I spend money supporting a candidate it will always be an individual candidate I support and not just throwing money at a pac to spend as they will. It's the only place in government I feel like I have any ability to make sure my money is spent how I want it to be.

I do primarily vote Republican but I have a harder time doing it all the time. Not because the Democrats are better, I agree with them less, but because the Republicans no longer give any more than lip service to fiscal conservatism. They might spend less than the Democrats, but they still spend far to much.

I try to vote for individual candidates also, but damn it's hard to find a candidate I want to support these days. I don't just listen to their speeches, I go in and look at their voting records. I sometimes find that their websites conveniently forget to show their votes on issues that will be unpopular in the state and I have to go to other sites to find how they voted.

I think our system became broken when politics became a career instead of a public service you did before returning to your regular life. The people are at fault also by not staying informed and holding politicians accountable, but I honestly don't know how we get back to that at this point. Guess I should shut up, I can identify problems but don't have the answers.
first step to solving any problem is admitting there is one .

never shut up!

I do know how to get back, though very few will accept this truth.

our nation must return to Christian values , instead of ,embracing all things evil.(democrat)

yup, it really is that simple. our candidates merely reflect what our nation is ,so ,hating them ,is hating ourselves.

regardless , go vote!

don't vote ,can't bitch!

Last edited:

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
I totally agree! Anyone who votes straight ticket (on either side) is not using the knowledge earned at the school of hard knocks that all of us have attended. Don't let either political party tell you how to vote!!

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Folks in Deferent parts of the country have different concerns and better candidates than orthers here in CA all of the dems are terrible and the absolute power they have is gotten so bad and they have lost there mind. I read all the time how others look down at CA its downfall is from Democrat control. So for me its out with the dems and i vote straight republican ticket because i have knowledge earned