Another Poacher,,,

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Should be more than a misdemeanor. He poached. He trespassed. He wasted the kill. And THEN he was stupid enough to BRAG about it all.

Reactions: AKaviator

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
this would certainly be a much more polite society if we were more like the old west.

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
The misdemeanor charge seems too light for the various crimes committed here, hopes there is a big fine that comes with a conviction.
That being said no matter how high the fines are for poaching there are always people that still do it no matter the potential repercussions.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Why do they let these guys off so damn easy. It's no wonder we keep having stories like this. Our criminal justice system is so messed up

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
By there very nature they are going to poach no matter what the fine is. I and others believe that they need to start giving them some good jail time. But they won't do that due to the fact that it isn't a crime against people along with the fact that our jails are overcrowded now. Look at DUI and DWI's, very seldom do any of them do any real jail time.

Also taking away their ability to purchase a license for a year, two years, 10 years or even a lifetime isn't going to stop them.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
By there very nature they are going to poach no matter what the fine is. I and others believe that they need to start giving them some good jail time. But they won't do that due to the fact that it isn't a crime against people along with the fact that our jails are overcrowded now. Look at DUI and DWI's, very seldom do any of them do any real jail time.

Also taking away their ability to purchase a license for a year, two years, 10 years or even a lifetime isn't going to stop them.
our jails are only overcrowded because we pamper criminals. most of the druggies that occupy them would rather be kept in prison then have to be responsible for their own welfare . it is my belief that it is long past time to simply exterminate all prisoners regardless of the offense and start from scratch.

I know … our society is much to sqeamish for this , so we are doomed to mere slaps on the wrist and the endless circle of nothing ever being accomplished.

heartless stance ??? maybe. but the plain ,simple truth is poor decisions have consequences! I can forgive poor decisions but even with forgiveness people must be responsible for the decisions they make, that hurt other people . our society has forgotten this .

Last edited:
Reactions: raspy

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Sad , but unfortunately some folks just have break the law, then brag about it on social media etc. It's the mentality of look at me I'm the greatest hunter. It also happens in all kinds sports etc.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Sad , but unfortunately some folks just have break the law, then brag about it on social media etc. It's the mentality of look at me I'm the greatest hunter. It also happens in all kinds sports etc.
thank GOD they are dumb enough to brag.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I wonder what poaching was like pre 1985? Was it similar, more, less. I know it was around but I truly wonder if the internet and social media has increased poaching?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
from hearing stories,I am of the opinion,the older generations were made up of some poaching MOFOs.

I seriously doubt it is any worse now then ever.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
When social media showed up it just allows the poacher a platform to brag of his so called hunting skills to post his trophy pictures. I do doubt that it is any worse now than it had been before social media. It just gives the authorities a easy platform to find them.

It is a lot like when they came out with those lights on sneakers. A cop was chasing a crook at night in a dark park and was able to catch hime by the crooks stupidity. The crook was wearing a pair of those sneakers that lit up when they hit the ground and every time that he would move from one spot to another the cop could see right where he was at. The cop did mention that if it wasn't for stupid crooks they wouldn't be able to catch half of them.