And Another Fee Added

Jlrineer1

Nov 29, 2015
Just another way to raise the licenses without taking the responsibility. These western states are getting greedy when it comes to nonresidents. They might as well make them all governors tags so only the rich can hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The sad thing is that I don't believe that Wyoming offers a paper application process where you could send them a check or money order. So you are stuck with paying the processing fees.

I wonder if they are also going to charge you the 2.5% on the refund if you don't draw out?

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I thought there was a thread about this last yr-like it was coming? Or maybe it was some poll about this [emoji237][emoji90] that they sent to selected hunters?

If I use a VISA debit card will I get charged?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Jlrineer1

Nov 29, 2015
The sad thing is that I don't believe that Wyoming offers a paper application process where you could send them a check or money order. So you are stuck with paying the processing fees.

I wonder if they are also going to charge you the 2.5% on the refund if you don't draw out?
I've seen this question asked a few places and the general consensus is no, but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe ill just get better at hunting Idaho. They seem to appreciate nonresidents and aren't price gouging on fees, at least for now.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Before we get too excited...this is what covers the credit card processing fees. This was the solution to keep fronting the entire fee and preventing the giant jump in applications we saw in Colorado.

Jlrineer1

Nov 29, 2015
Before we get too excited...this is what covers the credit card processing fees. This was the solution to keep fronting the entire fee and preventing the giant jump in applications we saw in Colorado.
Why not leave a credit card on file and if you are drawn they charge your card? If your card is declined you keep your points and they move to the next person. That seems to be the most logical way to do it. Unless they want to collect some interest off a big pile of cash for a few weeks.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Good news guys! WY draw odds just went up! Same for NM!!!
Doubtful a $70 non-refundable license in NM will deter anybody. The 2.5% credit card fee in WY might make some not apply until they are relatively certain they will draw. Random odds might slightly improve, but I doubt it. I hope you're right and odds improve. It's getting expensive to apply, I don't mind fronting the money but the non-refundable fees are adding up quick. CO, WY, and NM are all going up this year.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Colorado solved that problem this year by requiring a applicant to purchase a license that is good for the currant year. That plus the application fee.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I don't like to see the nearly annual price increases either, but to me this is certainly preferable to Colorado's move of not fronting the application money. I'd rather pay up front, with a cc fee, than see applications climb any more past what they're already doing.

I think Colorado proved that when you don't have to front the money, you will see a significantly higher # of people throw in.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Its real [emoji383].

Even on a NR type 6 tag its $7.50

That's a day of lunch [emoji765] for most ppl (I bring leftover most days, but still).

[emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389][emoji389]

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Most businesses with this volume of transactions are not paying this percentage on transaction fees...

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I think most guys that hunt out of state know the costs are much higher. Ya it sucks to pay more but it really isn’t that much more when considering the total cost for an out of state hunt.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think most guys that hunt out of state know the costs are much higher. Ya it sucks to pay more but it really isn?t that much more when considering the total cost for an out of state hunt.
'IKiC,

I don't disagree, but the trend is in the wrong direction! lol [emoji23]

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I think they are a complete electronic system there. Just curious is there any way to send them a check or cash to avoid the fee?

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
Wyoming pays 2.3% on the sale and $0.10 on the refund. The dept paid 1.8 million in cc fees last year. The fee is now covered by the 2.5% and as such 1.8 million will go back to the dept. The fee covers all purchases including merchandise when made at regional offices or kiosks and using a card.
As Scott said, they chose to add the fee rather than tank the odds of their customers.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.