70's Bobcat

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Here's a pic of a pretty good bobcat taken in the mid to late 70's, it's probably one of the largest cats i have killed, and that includes plenty taken during trapping season......that's when Ca. still allowed trapping.

Bobcat.jpg

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Great cat! I have a buddy that traps and I can't believe how big those cats can get. He traps here outside of Reno. I always hope when I'm calling dogs a cat will come in. One day I hope. Any advise on how to locate an area that could hold cats? I'm in Nv but maybe there is similar stragity.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Nice cat! I was messin around on the CA f&g website one day and came across trapping regulations? I didn't look into it to deep, but maybe it's still allowed in some forms?

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Nice cat! I was messin around on the CA f&g website one day and came across trapping regulations? I didn't look into it to deep, but maybe it's still allowed in some forms?
Ya, i should have been a little more clear.............trapping is still legal with live traps "Havaheart Type" but steel leghold traps have been outlawed for many years. It was just another victory here in Ca. for the anti's.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Ya, i should have been a little more clear.............trapping is still legal with live traps "Havaheart Type" but steel leghold traps have been outlawed for many years. It was just another victory here in Ca. for the anti's.
Ya, figures....and makes senes for CA, I wouldn't consider havaheart traps "real" traps anyways

Last edited: