6.5 CM Loads

mtncowboy

May 10, 2014
WY
Hi guys,

I know this has been brought up in the past, but would any of you 6.5 creedmoor owners share the load you are using and what gun you are shooting it through. I am hoping that there will be one in Santa's Sleigh for me and I am getting excited and would like to have some bullets ready for it. Thanks.

Welchji

Jan 18, 2017
Southern AL
Anything in the 120-143 grain range should do well. If you're shooting at a shorter distance, I would run closer to a 120 gr bullet at a higher muzzle velocity. It will give you a flatter trajectory and better wind resistance over a short distance (similar to why varmint hunters favor a 22-250 or 220 Swift). If you anticipate longer shots, use the heavier bullets. They may start slower, but the higher ballistic coefficient will allow them to "catch up" and out perform the lighter bullets at longer ranges. As to where the breakeven point is between the two, I'm not sure off the top of my head. It would depend on the specific projectiles chosen and their MVs. Would have to spend some time with my ballistic calculator to figure it out.

mtncowboy

May 10, 2014
WY
Thanks guys, I have been shooting lots of different loads and have been really enjoying it. So far, Nosler accubond long range and hornady sst have shot the best.