4 wheel drive projects

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
I have an opinion question for everyone: my 1990 square body that I've posted early in this thread has recently had some weatherstrip/water issues in the rear interior. Currently I have the carpet out and have cleaned it and have cut new floor insulation/padding for under the carpet since the old stuff was soaked.

I'm toying with the idea of not putting the insulation/padding and carpet back in, and instead having a bed liner sprayed in the back end so I don't have to worry about carpet getting dirty and wet anymore. Plus, the rear heater in these old square bodies are prone to leak antifreeze (which mine has) and cause carpet/insulation problems also.

If I do the spray in bed liner, I'll keep the carpet since it is original, but what are your thoughts? Reinstall the carpet or spray in bed liner? I can't decide...

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Id go with the bedliner. The only pro the carpet provides over the bed liner is sound deading.

Reactions: BrandonM

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
40601I thought I was done but I guess as long as I continue to beat up on it I never will be. The wheelie bars I was running are for Aspahlt racing and did t hold up the the abuse of the dirt track , so I’m building a bar that will handle the dirt/sand. I’m using an ATV paddle tire for the simple reason I have a couple laying around, the new design should help with ET and MPH as it will be rolling on the dirt rather than being drug through it like a plow 40600

Reactions: gonhunting247