300 Win Mag handloading

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
81 grains H1000, 180 Nosler Accubond, fed 215GM primers. Traveling about 3,118 fps out of a 24 inch barrel. You can also try the same load with a Fed 210 non mag primer at about 3,050 fps. Its a compressed load.

Last edited:

Tenmilestyle

Jan 9, 2012
Winston,Oregon
I know it's not really a "hunting bullet" but mine is 190gr sierria hpbt match. 72gr. reloader22,mag primer. around 2800fps from a browning BAR on rcbs crono. Makes the not so great shooting gun pull in tight. Have taken many deer and elk with this bullet,would not recomend for bear.

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
What kind of chrony are you using?
Elkoholic,
I have an F-1 Shooting Chrony. The information I provided was obtained from Noslers websight. I made the reloads for my buddies rifle. I don't have a picture of his groups, but they are very similar to the picture below (sub-moa). My buddies rifle is also a Win, M70. I attached an example of what the load can due taken from the websight. The only difference is my buddy shoots Nosler Accubonds, which shoot just as good as the Hornady's listed in photo.

Picture097-1.jpg

Last edited:

sticknbiggens

Mar 10, 2011
Wyoming
for the guys using the Barnes TTSX bullets, did you all start out using the original TSX? I picked up a box of TSX's and never loaded them. Had a few guys tell me they couldn't get them to group.

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
for the guys using the Barnes TTSX bullets, did you all start out using the original TSX? I picked up a box of TSX's and never loaded them. Had a few guys tell me they couldn't get them to group.
Never found a rifle I couldn't get TSX to shoot out of. I just picked three powders and loaded them 0.050 off the lands. Barnes wants a bit of a jump to the lands. It seems that most folks that don't get them to shoot, load them too close to the lands.