30 Nosler Brass

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
In the early phase of a new rifle build and torn between the 300 WM and the 30 Nosler. 300 WM brass is easy to come by but am having a hard time with the 30 Nosler brass, seems every body is either out of stock or can backorder. Either way i go i should be ready for load development by the end of August and am a little concerned with the 30 Nosler brass availability. Any leeds on finding brass would be great.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
That is the problem with propriety brass until someone else starts to manufacture it, at least with the 30 Nosler.

I have the same problem with my .340 Weatherby but now there are a couple of manufactures of it. But it is something that I buy when I see it and I usually purchase it 100 brass at a time.

If I was you I would make a decision if I really wanted that 30 Nosler or if the 300 Win mag or a 300 Weatherby mag would fit the bill of what I am building and go accordingly. I know that it is fun to have a round that no one else has but there is a cost to that fun factor.

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Amen to that, the fun factor is really all it boils down to. On paper the 30 Nosler gets the nod but in reality in the field both the 300 and 30 are pretty close. I'll give it some more thought and time to see if I can turn up some 30 brass, 100 pieces would last me a good long time.....

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
As you are looking for the brass get onto the notify me list from the dealers. Sooner or later one will send you a email telling you that it is available. But be ready to get online and order it quick because a few hundred others will be on that same list.

The last time that I was searching for a obsolete brass case I did that and on the first email notification I got it too late to order the brass. I then knew that it was being manufactured so I would check back to that web site two or three times a day and finally nabbed some.

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
That's a good idea for sure. Also what i thought i'd do is give these suppliers a phone call to see if their expecting a shipment anytime soon....