30-06, 270 Win, 243 Win, or 30-30 available.

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I looked online this morning for some Barnes bullets for my .340 Weatherby, mined you it was just for bullets and not loaded ammo.

The price had gone up $7.00 since Friday, but it didn't matter anyway since they didn't have any.

I'm going to be shooting a lot of 22 Lr this upcoming summer and saving my hunting ammo for shooting at animals.

Reactions: Johnbud

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Amount of local "random shooting" has decreased dramatically over the last few months around my house.

Daughters single shot .410 barking last night was the most noise made in my area for a while....

Colorado Cowboy

Veteran member
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I run a club sponsored indoor Bulls Eye Winter Pistol League. We usually have 30 to 40 shooters. This year we have less than 20. Everyone I call to see why they are not shooting says no ammo or reloading supplies.

I was planning on working up some new 150 gr loads for my .300 Wby this spring.....maybe not.

DRUSS

Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
i just finished loading 200 cartridges for my 338 Edge. i stood back when i was done and wondered how long it might be just to replenish my H1000 and 300gr bullets, oh and the Primers, brass. After that wait then hopefully i wont need to sell the rifle to afford the components!!!

i will be shooting more rimfire this year also. have 3 pistols i want to put range time on also but do not like the idea of using all the ammo i have for them.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I looked yesterday for some 12ga slugs. Thought someone might have some since hunting season is over in most places where rifles are not allowed and nobody shoots slugs for fun. Didnt find any even with the bot below.

• Wow
Reactions: shootbrownelk

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I don't expect anything to get back to even close to normal until 2022. You might see thing trickle into dealers shelves but it will disappear fairly quickly. People have learned when the bigger stores get their deliveries of ammo and when they place it onto the shelves and are sitting there waiting like a hungry vulture hovering over some red meat.

I just read a article today saying that last month that firearms were flying off of the dealers shelves as fast as they could replace them.

Reactions: AKaviator

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
On my recent trip west, I checked out four different big box stores, and tho most had 12 ga. trap loads and some turkey loads, almost everything else was not stocked. As noted in my "lion hunt" post, I was stuck in Rapid City for 6 days, and was able to tap into a doled out shipment at Cabela's of 9mm & 5.56 over the last 3 days. All of it was kept behind the counter, and only a portion was put out each day. No hunting loads were available until the 3rd day. Few reloading components were on the shelf either. They had a Springfield Armory M1A1 in the Gun Library that I might have popped on if my truck repair bill hadn't been so much. It was gone by the second day, but I did find another one when I took a long walk to the Sheel's store.

Jdd2035

Sep 12, 2016
The worst part is that this is a self inflicted wound. Every one panic buying. I guess bullets are the new toilet paper.

Reactions: kidoggy

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The worst part is that this is a self inflicted wound. Every one panic buying. I guess bullets are the new toilet paper.
It always has been whenever a Democrat is a President.

It's just that this one got started early when all the panic buying started last spring due to covid

Reactions: kidoggy

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I did some quick shopping yesterday for some of the ammo I shoot. It wasn't priced great but I could find most of my standard stuff from reputable suppliers. I am sitting ok right now so I am waiting to buy anything.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
it is not just ammo that has gone off of the stores shelves. I can't get any furniture to sell to people. my showroom is empty and i will quote 6 months to order a sofa. There is no conspiracy theory, just simple supply can not keep up with demand, during covid style times.

Reactions: Jdd2035

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
it isn't helping supply that de gubernment keeps giving away so called "free money" so people have money to spend in the short term on their wants .

unintended ??????? consequences.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
it is not just ammo that has gone off of the stores shelves. I can't get any furniture to sell to people. my showroom is empty and i will quote 6 months to order a sofa. There is no conspiracy theory, just simple supply can not keep up with demand, during covid style times.
We have been on a wait list for 14 months for a cover for our hottub. The spa place says they can't even get covers for new sales.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
on the bright side , our society will soon crumble and that cover will no longer be a worry.