2024 plans

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
What is everyones plans for 2024? As of right now, the plan is to burn my points in Colorado for mule deer.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
So far, it looks like I'll be busy. Broken horn Oryx in NM in April. Headed to AK in June to hopefully get another grizzly and maybe a black bear also! I should have a good chance to draw my late AZ elk tag if the point creep doesn't get me. I also have a ID Whitetail tag that I'll use, unless I get lucky and draw a controlled mule deer hunt during the draw. Those hunts coupled with deer, elk, bear and turkey here at home, will already stretch the leave time and budget. And draw season has barely started :).

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
How many points are you burning?

I think if Im lucky I will burn my 24 antelope points and then try to burn my 20 deer points next year. My son is burning 21 elk points this year so I will tag along on that hunt.
I only have 6, and dont plan on chasing the best of the best units. Figured that was enough to get a decent hunt.

Reactions: gonhunting247

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Did some scouting while I was antelope hunting for elk and deer. I found a new area (at least for me) that really shows some promise for elk. Got a call in for the game warden in that area that I met on several antelope trips, for some additional information. Pretty close to home and I have enough elk points to draw any season. Lots of deer too, but I am a little shy on points right now. Looks like we will be staying home from Wyoming for deer and antelope. We could draw the special tags for both, but are unwilling to spend the money that the "special tag" costs now! IMHO it's way out of line. Probably could do some research and find private land tags for a little more than the special.

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Alberta archery bears in a couple months.

A surprise 40th birthday hunt that is supposed to happen in December around Christmas. I don’t find out what that is until August..I'm concerned and excited all at the same time.

Points across the board again for me and the wife and our kiddo in all of our standard states.

Good luck to everyone in the draws.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Alberta archery bears in a couple months.

A surprise 40th birthday hunt that is supposed to happen in December around Christmas. I don’t find out what that is until August..I'm concerned and excited all at the same time.

Points across the board again for me and the wife and our kiddo in all of our standard states.

Hope you have a great hunt in Alberta. Looking forward to pics :)

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Just booked a June fishing trip on kodiak with my grandson. Just a couple days but had enough alaska airlines points for free tickets.

If the point trend continues my son and I will draw Upper Michigan first season bear in the Newberry unit for September. Have 10 points which should be 1 extra.
I was born a yooper and always look forward when I get the chance to go back.

Deer and elk at home then just see whatever other opportunity pops up to go somewhere.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Looks like this is the year to burn some of my most precious points, 27 NR deer in Utah for the lone Paunsagunt archery preference tag. Had planned to fly out to scout this year & do the hunt in 2025, but got diagnosed with heart failure so figure I better advance things. Will focus balance of other apps after 9/13 so I can potentially do some combo while out there.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Looks like this is the year to burn some of my most precious points, 27 NR deer in Utah for the lone Paunsagunt archery preference tag. Had planned to fly out to scout this year & do the hunt in 2025, but got diagnosed with heart failure so figure I better advance things. Will focus balance of other apps after 9/13 so I can potentially do some combo while out there.
Health issues associated with getting old suck....I know!!!