2022 RMEF banquet invite - Castle Rock, CO

COLOelkman

Mar 12, 2011
Lakewood, CO
The RMEF Castle Rock Chapter is hosting our annual banquet Saturday, April 30th, doors open at 4:00 pm. Check out our Instagram page for many of our great donations and prizes!20220413_082953.jpg

COLOelkman

Mar 12, 2011
Lakewood, CO
Final reminder that the online ticket sales will close Tuesday evening. A limited number MAY be available after that by calling the number but don't count on that. We're still getting and posting donations to our Instagram page as we have LOTS on items this year! Did I mention there'll be free beer?View attachment 74652

Reactions: jjsbucks

COLOelkman

Mar 12, 2011
Lakewood, CO
Just FYI ... many folks on here don't use Instagram.
I do understand that as it's kind of a younger persons game. However, it's actually very easy to create an account and not post anything and keep everything private. Lots of people have zero posts but they want to check out what others are posting. So we decided to do it mainly to appeal to younger folks as we'll die if we don't attract new members. I know of no other RMEF Chapter that posts what donations they'll have at their banquet which I think there are those that want to know if it's worth their time and $ to attend. Sad fact is that less than 10% of Colorado Elk hunter are RMEF members which is likely doing the lions share of attempting to improve elk, elk habitat and access.

COLOelkman

Mar 12, 2011
Lakewood, CO
Sounds good. My point was just that you’ll miss people of you only post on Instagram.
Thanks Winchester. I also post on 5 other Forums. Also did a interview on the Sportsmans Radio show. We wanted to hand out invites at a nearby Sportsmans Warehouse but the NRA had that locked up all month every weekend day so we couldn't do it. We are trying to get the word out but just not sure how else to get the word out. Instagram is the only way to post photos of our donations and to my knowledge, I've not seen any RMEF chapter post their donations. Just a couple basic prizes via email. Probably because Instagram is a lot of work and I'm not sure if it pays off as it takes several years to build up a following. They won't let chapters have their own Facebook page for fear of being cancelled because of posting guns. Anyway, we keep at it for the elk!

Reactions: Winchester

jjsbucks

Feb 26, 2011
Northern California
Thanks Winchester. I also post on 5 other Forums. Also did a interview on the Sportsmans Radio show. We wanted to hand out invites at a nearby Sportsmans Warehouse but the NRA had that locked up all month every weekend day so we couldn't do it. We are trying to get the word out but just not sure how else to get the word out. Instagram is the only way to post photos of our donations and to my knowledge, I've not seen any RMEF chapter post their donations. Just a couple basic prizes via email. Probably because Instagram is a lot of work and I'm not sure if it pays off as it takes several years to build up a following. They won't let chapters have their own Facebook page for fear of being cancelled because of posting guns. Anyway, we keep at it for the elk!