2022 Eastmans' Deer Success Thread / Journal Submission

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys! This will be the 2022 deer success thread. Please post up all of your deer picks and success stories. Our editor will be checking this thread daily for submissions. Good luck to you all on your epic adventures this fall. We can't wait to read about and see your photos.

-Eastmans' Team

Reactions: GOSHENGRUNTER

heyjbales

Jan 5, 2021
We had a helluva opening weekend here locally in WY.

My brother and I doubled, both taking our best bucks. By some crazy chance, I found my target buck in the herd AFTER my brother dropped his deer.

Then, my lady got a great 3-pt Sunday night. Admittedly we mistook it for another buck at last light but she’s happy!

Amazing General season. Now to butcher. 🙌

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
We had a helluva opening weekend here locally in WY.

My brother and I doubled, both taking our best bucks. By some crazy chance, I found my target buck in the herd AFTER my brother dropped his deer.

Then, my lady got a great 3-pt Sunday night. Admittedly we mistook it for another buck at last light but she’s happy!

Amazing General season. Now to butcher. 🙌

View attachment 41691
View attachment 41692
Very cool Jaden!

Reactions: heyjbales

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Congrats on the bucks! I struck out. I had to cut my trip short, I tweaked my knee coming off the mountain. Sucks! Saw a lot of elk and pronghorn, but no deer. Still a good time though

Reactions: heyjbales

heyjbales

Jan 5, 2021
A lot of you will remember AKaviator who posted some dandy pictures over the years. He bought a place in eastern Oregon where him and his wife winter. He finally drew a deer tag and took his biggest mule deer buck ever. Scored 197 and has a 30.5 inch spread.View attachment 41722
Now THAT is a stud! Very cool! Oregon’s got such good genetics when they get age on em

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
A lot of you will remember AKaviator who posted some dandy pictures over the years. He bought a place in eastern Oregon where him and his wife winter. He finally drew a deer tag and took his biggest mule deer buck ever. Scored 197 and has a 30.5 inch spread.
Wow, what a buck. Even his face markings are notable.