2022 AZ Coues Deer Hunt

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
West Texas
Once again drew deer tags with my hunting buddies on our usual unit. One of the guys could not make the trip so we only had two tags to fill.

My buddy took a deer on day 4 of the hunt. A nice dark horned 6pt. On day 6, I had an opportunity on a nice 8pt but he outsmarted everyone. Had another opportunity on a small buck on the last day but completely missed the shot.

Like always, very happy with the outcome of this hunt. Already planning for next year.

Attachments

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
There is some nice heavy mass on that buck.

I only wished that I had started hunting coues deer back when I was younger instead of when I was in my 60's.

Thanks for the report. I'm sitting here waiting for the spring draw which should happen in a week or so.

Reactions: prhunter

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
There is some nice heavy mass on that buck.

I only wished that I had started hunting coues deer back when I was younger instead of when I was in my 60's.

Thanks for the report. I'm sitting here waiting for the spring draw which should happen in a week or so.
AZ Spring results are up on your Portal now, Good Luck. The Coues are addicting. Most that come from out of state have no clue how to hunt them and get there but handed to them.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BOB!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
AZ Spring results are up on your Portal now, Good Luck. The Coues are addicting. Most that come from out of state have no clue how to hunt them and get there but handed to them.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BOB!
It still just shows Pending for my javelina, I usually get a hit on my CC fairly quick before any notifications go out.