2013 Antelope, Elk B, Deer B Results

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Good luck BB! I have avoided MT since the prices went up. I would put in for 700 antelope but with the tag reductions and low drawing odds right now I have decided to wait untill they somewhat recover.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I only put in for my general Elk/Deer this year. Will be concentrating on my Bull Elk and a hopefully a nice Buck Muley this season. I have hunted 620 for antelope in the past but decided not to put in for it this year.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
A sweet Antelope tag.. totally pumped.
270-01. Fun hunt for my daughter
And no elk B... first time in a while. 95% last year. Hopefully my area is not getting even more people.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
My wife and I , for the second consecutive year, drew the only two nonresident buck antelope tags in Unit 215. After Huntin Fool promoted it this year, I thought it would be a safe bet just to earn points. That is crazy! I think drawing a 680 sheep tag had better odds than drawing that tag two years in a row.

Last edited:

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
My wife and I , for the second consecutive year, drew the only two buck antelope tags in Unit 215. After Huntin Fool promoted it this year, I thought it would be a safe bet just to earn points. That is crazy! I think drawing a 680 sheep tag had better odds than drawing that tag two years in a row.
You lucky dawg! Congrats!

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
You lucky dawg! Congrats!
Thanks Eberle. I made a typo, it was the only two "nonresident" tags, but you get the drift. I think our odds were something like 1:50 each year because we applied as a party, that would make odds to draw it twice something like 1:2500. We applied both years just trying to earn a point.

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
Deer B-nope
Antelope-2nd year in a row for the same unit, last year shot a 14 incher. not quite as nice as Umpqua's but nice to me.
Elk B-uuuuuuuummmmmm just a little tag in unit 282 WOOP WOOP

Philk48

Jul 29, 2013
Looking for some info on where to bring some kids to do some OTC B tag whitetail hunting. I was looking at region 4 or 6 but am open to suggestions.

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Looking for some info on where to bring some kids to do some OTC B tag whitetail hunting. I was looking at region 4 or 6 but am open to suggestions.
I live in region 6 and would suggest going elsewhere, our deer herds are still recovering from the winter and summer EHD outbreak a couple of years ago. Would be nice to see the FWP stop "B" tags for a couple of years, just my opinion.

Philk48

Jul 29, 2013
I agree, if the herd can't support it, don't have them. Give them a chance to recover. Might have too much to do about the money and not about sound management practices.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I got a email from Montana fish and game and there are going to be quite a few tags for sale. If I had time to Antelope hunt I would get one of the 900 series tags for bowhunting.