1st Mule Deer

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
Thought I would post a pic of my sons first mule deer. Not the biggest buck but one he was sure thrilled with. We hunted and hiked hard and saw a bigger buck but couldn't close the deal. Was very proud of how hard he hunted and far he hiked. He stayed up late with me skinning it in a snow storm back in camp. He wants to help me do a euro mount with it and "checks" the antlers everyday after school. I think he's hooked!

Attachments

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Fantastic! He'll remember that buck the rest of his life. Congratulations young man, and Dad!

ando_31

Sep 14, 2012
ND
Perfect size, big enough to be proud of but still can have dreams of getting a biggun. I too checked my first buck's antlers everyday. I'm pretty sure that's one of the symptoms of being hooked.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Very cool! He will remember that for the rest if his life. Congrats to him and to you for getting him out there.

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
That's awesome. I think I have nearly as much fun taking younger hunters out than I do actually hunting my self.
Thanks everyone. Yeah, I didn't have a license at all this year. I think I enjoyed it more taking my boys antelope hunting in Wyoming and deer/elk hunting in Colorado and watching them!

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Very nice first buck! Congrats to the both of you. By the way, I still have the horns from my first buck and look at them often. It was a very nice forked horn blacktail in 1982, I was 12. You never forget the first one!

Last edited:

In God We Trust

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Colorado
I love the smile. I took my wife out for her first hunt last week and she shot a good buck (not trying to high jack your thread). The smile on a new hunters face is the best. Congrats to you and your son.