120 deer killed

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
Love the comments.
While I was deer hunting my neighbor (early 40's woman, no kids, two dogs + 2 cats, animal lover, volunteers her time at animal rescue shelter) texted asking if I could help her and her man pick up a car carrier. She drives a Subaru Forrester and we often help them move big stuff with my truck.

I texted her back, saying I couldn't help that day...I was deer hunting...and sent her a picture of my downed Mule deer.

Her reply: "Douglas, WHY did you send me a picture of that poor dead deer. I am praying for it right now. It's a good thing I like you!"

L O L !

Wife tells me her mom and step-dad (die hard democrats), make comments about my hunting...but never when I'm around. I just smile and say, "if they ever want to have a discussion about conservation, our state and national park systems, revenue and tax dollars generated by hunters...just have them stop by." : )

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
DEAL BREAKER

I once brought a date home .she saw the buck hanging on the wall and commented ,"I don't like dead things hanging in my house."
I told her ," don't let the door hit you ,were the good lord split you , on yer way out."

Jrod

Jan 30, 2012
Livermore, CA
Article says mule deer are "abundant". Funny they keep cutting tags. Which is what they will do next year.

THe two herds they mention are/were one of the premiere areas to kill a 30" in California. The goodale hunt I think is overrated but the round valley hunt for juniors can be unreal. Old foreman I had, had his son draw that tag 8-10 years ago. Saw 85 bucks in two days and killed a 29" 3x4, after he missed a couple other bucks they say were bigger.

Cheers

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Funny thing is based on the way everyone talks about California, I wouldn't have thought there were 120 deer in California total...

Jrod

Jan 30, 2012
Livermore, CA
There are more than that, of course. they have to keep herd objectives reasonable for the out of control cat population to feed on

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sad. But thats nature.

I wish I had found them. I would have burned my leatherman saw up getting those horns to make something cool out of.