067-068

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Looking for tips on camping spots near the Midas road between Midas and Willow Creek reservoir? Just found out the wife wont be off in time to get there before dark next Friday and not going to be any moon to help find a spot. Hoping not to go all the way to Willow tho. I seem to remember some spots to the south of the road in the Ivanhoe creek area, is that correct?

Thanks

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Are you pulling a trailer? There are two gravel pits just after the squaw valley ranch road and one just before you cross squaw valley creek. Pull up google maps, mine says 2018 and you can see four trailers in the first pit. These pits sit down and can give you a break from the wind. hope that helps Good luck

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Sleeping bear I was able to find those online and its just where we want to be and easy to find. And close to Midas for a afternoon burger and cold one.
Thank you

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Glad I could help, nothing like pulling into one of Nevada's oldest establishments for some refreshments and conversation with the locals. You never know what tips might get passed on to you at the price of a couple drinks, its done me well in the past. Be safe