Page 423 of 425 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425 LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 4244

Thread: Who else is...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 206 Times in 128 Posts

Tuesday took the night off as i got a bad head cold or sinus thing going on that has me down and out

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 978 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 215 Times in 74 Posts
    My exercise regimen will be hiking the WY terrain for the next week. Keep up the good work guys!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,327 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 232 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    My exercise regimen will be hiking the WY terrain for the next week. Keep up the good work guys!
    That was me last week, now I am fighting off a cold/sinus infection. Spent a little bit of time at the top of mountains in the wind and I am betting that may have put me in this condition ha. Will start working out regularly when I get this guy whipped.
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    That was me last week, now I am fighting off a cold/sinus infection. Spent a little bit of time at the top of mountains in the wind and I am betting that may have put me in this condition ha. Will start working out regularly when I get this guy whipped.
    Same boat fighing off a hell yeah bad cold and sinus infection

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 334 Times in 56 Posts
    well i drew my first ever limited elk tag. wyoming 51-1. hired an outfitter to hunt the wilderness to escape people. I did pass up a few very small 6pts and did not get an elk. the camp went 1-5. the nicest october in memory sure did hurt the elk hunting. the way the outfitter hunts, is more of a migration hunt from yellowstone park. the migration did not happen and he did not change his game. we ran out of time and i had to leave. but i didn't. I have killed a fair amount of elk on my own, so i hired an outfitter to put me in front of big bulls and leave the crowds behind. Little did i know outfitters bring crowds with them. and the weather sucked for migration hunting.

so the outfitter did not want me to go hunting on my own. he told me it was foolish. HE was correct. i am lucky, skilled, blessed to be alive. i did see the grizz before he saw me at 40 yards. i was coming down a finger ridge, about 1 1\2 off of the trail. i was able to back out of the situation with out either one of us getting killed. we did have eye contact for about a second, but i never felt like he locked on me. it was a very tense situation, that i can still see in my mind. IF it matters, i was on hunter peak.

oh i was also followed back to camp one night, my head lamp shown off of it's eye. the next morning in camp, an elk quarter was missing and the tree had big claw marks. the camp is assuming the sow, pushed her cub up the meat pole.

so i am bummed about the elk, glad to be alive. my last unsuccesful meaningful hunt was in 2011. I don't know if i am a guided hunt hunter, i wasn't into the crowds. now my guide was kick ass, we where both the same age, he was a dam good guy.
    Last edited by tim; 11-02-2018 at 07:56 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    well i drew my first ever limited elk tag. wyoming 51-1. hired an outfitter to hunt the wilderness to escape people. I did pass up a few very small 6pts and did not get an elk. the camp went 1-5. the nicest october in memory sure did hurt the elk hunting. the way the outfitter hunts, is more of a migration hunt from yellowstone park. the migration did not happen and he did not change his game. we ran out of time and i had to leave. but i didn't. I have killed a fair amount of elk on my own, so i hired an outfitter to put me in front of big bulls and leave the crowds behind. Little did i know outfitters bring crowds with them. and the weather sucked for migration hunting.

so the outfitter did not want me to go hunting on my own. he told me it was foolish. HE was correct. i am lucky, skilled, blessed to be alive. i did see the grizz before he saw me at 40 yards. i was coming down a finger ridge, about 1 1\2 off of the trail. i was able to back out of the situation with out either one of us getting killed. we did have eye contact for about a second, but i never felt like he locked on me. it was a very tense situation, that i can still see in my mind. IF it matters, i was on hunter peak.

oh i was also followed back to camp one night, my head lamp shown off of it's eye. the next morning in camp, an elk quarter was missing and the tree had big claw marks. the camp is assuming the sow, pushed her cub up the meat pole.

so i am bummed about the elk, glad to be alive. my last unsuccesful meaningful hunt was in 2011. I don't know if i am a guided hunt hunter, i wasn't into the crowds. now my guide was kick ass, we where both the same age, he was a dam good guy.
    Sounds like an adventure though scare how smart bears can be

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Friday about 75 percent now still fighting off the cold/sinus infection but got 30 mins on the recumbent bike got 9.8 miles

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Saturday
    Did 20 mins on the recumbent bike. Finally kicking this cold ao try to go bit harder on the bike tonight

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Monday did 30 mins on the recumbent bike

Tuesday and Wednesday were to busy with meetings and kids events and al kinds of stuff goinging on

13. The Following User Says Congratulations to marcusvdk For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 327 Times in 54 Posts

My daughter ran her first ever 5K today. Ended up at 26th out of a couple hundred, she's 8 years old!
    I've never been a runner, but I think it's time for dad to step up and get into a routine of a couple mornings a week.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to go_deep For This Useful Post:

Page 423 of 425 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425 LastLast