Wednesday

HiiT cardio video with standing ab circuits 40 mins

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 944 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 201 Times in 67 Posts
    Marcus,
    Kudos to you for your past success. Dieting can be tough, but you need to make it a lifestyle. Additionally, I know it will be tough, but try to keep the calories under (gross) 1,500 and not net of exercise. These add up quickly. (300 calories per day x 7 days = 2,100 extra for the week. 8,400 extra for the month. It'll make a big difference to assist you in kick starting your program again. You can relax a little once you hit your goal weight range (see below).

Also, I'm sure you watch fat intake along with calories, but be very aware of the sodium content as well. For example the salsa listed in your food plan above. I'd also steer clear of all dairy products.
    Once you get things rolling in the right direction, you can indulge from time to time, but be mindful. Folks always talk about a "cheat day". I always hated that term because I've seen folks eat healthy all week and ruin it with 5 huge meals of junk on their "cheat day". :-(

Once you reach your target weight (it should be a range, not a number because we all fluctuate on a daily/weekly basis), but the top number of the range should be your "not to exceed" weight. For example, your intended weight is 250lb-260lb. If you start creeping toward the 260lb, it's time to cut a few calories or hit the gym, which ever is missing. Or say you go on vacation for a week, it's tougher eating healthy, so you may put on a few pounds. Once home, they come right back off as you want to stay within your weight range.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I've been a body builder, powerlifter, and trainer for 20 years.
    Wishing you all the success!!
    Last edited by Bonecollector; 10-11-2018 at 06:55 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 204 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    Marcus,
    Kudos to you for your past success. Dieting can be tough, but you need to make it a lifestyle. Additionally, I know it will be tough, but try to keep the calories under (gross) 1,500 and not net of exercise. These add up quickly. (300 calories per day x 7 days = 2,100 extra for the week. 8,400 extra for the month. It'll make a big difference to assist you in kick starting your program again. You can relax a little once you hit your goal weight range (see below).

Also, I'm sure you watch fat intake along with calories, but be very aware of the sodium content as well. For example the salsa listed in your food plan above. I'd also steer clear of all dairy products.
    Once you get things rolling in the right direction, you can indulge from time to time, but be mindful. Folks always talk about a "cheat day". I always hated that term because I've seen folks eat healthy all week and ruin it with 5 huge meals of junk on their "cheat day". :-(

Once you reach your target weight (it should be a range, not a number because we all fluctuate on a daily/weekly basis), but the top number of the range should be your "not to exceed" weight. For example, your intended weight is 250lb-260lb. If you start creeping toward the 260lb, it's time to cut a few calories or hit the gym, which ever is missing. Or say you go on vacation for a week, it's tougher eating healthy, so you may put on a few pounds. Once home, they come right back off as you want to stay within your weight range.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I've been a body builder, powerlifter, and trainer for 20 years.
    Wishing you all the success!!
    So would you stay away from greek yogurt then. I like to have oikos triple zero with my lunch. Or low/non fat cottage cheese thats what is the majority of my dairy on a weekly basis

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Oh and the 1500 is what i want to get back to as my total intake before exercise forsure.

Thursday

30 mins recumbent bike 9.75 miles

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 662 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 280 Times in 60 Posts
    Marcus.......don't get down its tough. What helps me to stick to my plan is two things.

1) Planning the food intake for a three day period based on my activity
    2) Good app to track stuff accurately. ( I use My Fitness Pal) but there are others that are good also.

I'd review also your macros....specifically for your age/height/weight to ensure you are giving yourself a fair chance to succeed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 944 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 201 Times in 67 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    Marcus.......don't get down its tough. What helps me to stick to my plan is two things.

1) Planning the food intake for a three day period based on my activity
    2) Good app to track stuff accurately. ( I use My Fitness Pal) but there are others that are good also.

I'd review also your macros....specifically for your age/height/weight to ensure you are giving yourself a fair chance to succeed.
    I use my fitness pal love the app

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here are the macro goals the app spit out when i put in all my personal info

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 662 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 280 Times in 60 Posts
    So I can relay my experience......what worked for me. First off I'm not a certified dietician. My son trained down at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs for Greco Roman for a few years......I tried to pull as much knowledge out of everyone I met there on as many subjects as possible.

After adjusting my macros to 35% Protein, 44% Carbs, 22% Fat I was able to maintain a 1 lb a week weight drop consistently without much effort as long as I stuck to the macros. I'm on a 1801 calorie a day plan and my exercise consists of a mix of cross fit, weightlifting, core and cardio. I mix it up a bit so I don't get bored.

Just info for thought as there is a ton of papers, research and opinion on the correct macros for the person dependent on what the human wants to achieve. Not saying any are right or wrong.....just think that it needs tailored to the individual sometimes is all.

BC can probably shed some more light on this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Friday

HiiT video 25 mins. More of a strength video with lots of squat and lunge styles.

Also lifted lightly tonight with 2 10lb dumbells

Bicep curls. 3x15.
    Shoulder press. 3x10
    Tricep press 3x10
    Chest fly. 3x10
    Lat raise 3x10
    Front raise 3x10

Stayed below 1500 intake today. Got 3 rotisserie chickens took skin off and pulled them froze some for later and bought some multi grain high dietary fiber wraps. To use for my lunch and can be prepared ahead

15. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Page 417 of 419 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419 LastLast