Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 7 Posts

Is it typical for Ak bush pilots to move you if they drop you away from the herd on first try, or is there a decent chance you could spend your entire trip away from the herd?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 500 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 163 Times in 37 Posts
    It varies with the Transporter. Some will, some won't. Most will try hard to put you in a good spot but they can't always predict caribou movement. Just ask the transporter before you sign up with them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    If it's sheep its wayyyyyyy cheaper to go to Alaska. Mountain goats are running 10-20% higher in Canada than AK. Not sure about Caribou or Grizzly. Moose are cheaper in Canada unless it's in the Yukon. These are generalities as there are cheap and super expensive hunts in AK and Canada. It's actually amazing seeing dall sheep in AK listed from $8500 to 22,500. I can't understand the crazy variation.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Sorry I couldn't see the whole title. I see now that it's Bear or Caribou.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 118 Times in 25 Posts
    I have been trying to plan another trip up to alaska for caribou and of all the people I have talked to my first would be brooks range aviation. Did a lot of research on them and out of the 10 people that went with them that I talked to they all gave them a 5 star review. Talked to the owners and they said don't worry about booking until January of the year u want to come and give us a call and they will give u all the info of the year before of how they did and how the migration has gone. They don't book in advance they told me because it's just too hard to keep track of people booked out two years. They seem very honest and loyal and want u to have a great experience. If anyone wants anymore info on them pm me and I will email you the info packets they sent me and give u a pretty close idea what it would cost since I was just up in alaska this year for a caribou hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 8 Posts
    Would love to drive to Alaska go hunting and fishing! Do Alberta mule deer hunt then go to Alaska moose hunting!! Stay on road for 5-6 weeks!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts

Just starting to investigate a hunt in Canada. My daughter married a Canadian and they live just north of Calgary. He is a non hunter but would like to try it at least once. What are the requirements to hunt in Canada, if you hunt with a resident. Do you still need a guide?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123