Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello From California

Hi guys, my name is Andre and I'm from Southern California and currently live in Orange County CA. I've been an avid fisherman/waterman ever since I could swim and recently got into bird hunting out in Riverside CA. I've always wanted to get into big game hunting, but its a tough task down here in SoCal due to large human to deer populations. Myself and a close friend decided to apply for prime CA big game tags and if we luck out then we'll hunt here, otherwise we're planning on hunting elk and or deer in CO this fall.

I'll be checking out all of the elk forums trying to get an idea of which units would be the best for a group of late 20's early 30's group of four trying to do a DIY elk hunt. We're all in good shape (half the group are former marine's) one is a champion free diver/ speafisherman, and ideally looking for adventure and a decent shot at finding some elk or deer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thegarbrah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 4 Posts
    What's up Andre! Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info on here, good group of CA guys as well!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,664 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 501 Times in 130 Posts
    Welcome Andre. As a former Californio (4th generation) who relocated after I retired 14 years ago, I can sympathize with your hunting situation. Love Colorado, great hunting & fishing. I have a friend who was a champion free driver, Terry Maas. I've got a picture of him with a 300+ pound Bluefin he speared.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 840 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 232 Times in 145 Posts
    Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 869 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 176 Times in 42 Posts
    Welcome!!!!!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,042 Times in 1,441 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 886 Times in 153 Posts
    Welcome. Glad you found us.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Colorado Cowboy I've never met Terry Maas but I'm familiar with who he is, and anyone who spears knows he's the big dog when it comes to blue water hunting and spearfishing. I have friends who are part of the OC Spearos club and some in the Long Beach club.

I'm glad I found you guys and look forward to learning and contributing to the forum!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 500 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 163 Times in 37 Posts
    Welcome, where in S. Cal are you from? I was raised in Laguna Beach but moved to Alaska almost 40 years ago. Spearfishing is great fun...I miss it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 141 Times in 19 Posts
    Welcome Andre!!!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations

AKaviator I'm original from the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles but I moved down to Costa Mesa/Newport area last October. Laguna beach is probably a whole lot different then when you were living there, mansions, models, and a lot of money in that town. But the scuba diving there is unreal and now that the MLPA has closed off the entire area for wildlife protection all the reef's out there are full of wildlife.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thegarbrah For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast