Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 11 Posts

This is a good idea. I have been trying unsuccessfully for a couple of years to trim down. This could be some motivation to get going. I will be following along. My 78 years old grandpa was a little frustrated with how out of shape I was last year hunting. He is part mountain goat, so I have never been able to keep up with him. This year though, maybe.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,512 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 257 Times in 103 Posts
    Glad you will be following along! We really hope that with our four body types and unique goals and challenges we should be able to help a lot of Hunters!
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 240 Times in 48 Posts
    Good going guys!! Motivation is the key and lucky you have each other to push you. When I tuned 50 almost 3 years ago I felt the worst I had in years. I put on 25lbs had Moderate Hypertension and a few other assorted things due to the above. At that time I made a concerted effort to make a change. i changed the way I ate had a few medical issues addressed and started working out three days a week. In fact this morning I had my yearly physical and everything just like last summer checked out just fine. My blood pressure has come down from a very high 3 years ago to almost perfect now. I have lost that 25 lbs and I am within my high school weight.I cant tell you how good I feel. So if I can do it I know anyone else can. go for it and dont look at the process but look at the goal and the light at the end of the tunnel!! Mark
    Last edited by 25contender; 04-10-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 386 Times in 44 Posts
    Count me in. I started to work out like crazy for a New Years resolution, and once I lost 20lbs I kind of fell off the band wagon and haven't done squat the past month and have put probably half that back on. I think I will be on the Turvey team based on our similarities. I am 31, weight 210, height 5 ft 11 in, body fat(um way to much), married with 3 children. During my time in the army I hurt my back while deployed and spent a little bit of time not being able to move my legs, so with nagging back problems working out comes at a price. I consulted with a neuro-surgeon just after the first of the year and he said to go ahead and do whatever I could handle as far as working out, so now it is all up to me to get it done. My wife signed us up for the annual 5k ice breaker on April 27th so I guess I better get going. End goal is to be able to continue to back country hunt as pain free as possible.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,512 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 257 Times in 103 Posts
    Team Turvey, i like it....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 835 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 600 Times in 82 Posts
    Count me in the team Turvey also... I'm 6'2" and 260 pounds. Ex college baseball player, 38 years old, blah blah.... basically really out of shape. My motivation is my family and my elk hunt this fall. I was 195 pounds at my peak physical condition. I know that is unrealistic by this fall so I have my goal set at 220 pounds by September 1st. This means I need to lose about 2 pounds a week between now and then.

Any help you guys can provide for someone that sits in an office all day will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenness View Post
    Count me in. I started to work out like crazy for a New Years resolution, and once I lost 20lbs I kind of fell off the band wagon and haven't done squat the past month and have put probably half that back on. I think I will be on the Turvey team based on our similarities. I am 31, weight 210, height 5 ft 11 in, body fat(um way to much), married with 3 children. During my time in the army I hurt my back while deployed and spent a little bit of time not being able to move my legs, so with nagging back problems working out comes at a price. I consulted with a neuro-surgeon just after the first of the year and he said to go ahead and do whatever I could handle as far as working out, so now it is all up to me to get it done. My wife signed us up for the annual 5k ice breaker on April 27th so I guess I better get going. End goal is to be able to continue to back country hunt as pain free as possible.
    Old injuries suck! Just do what you can to your limit and that's it. Don't risk re-injuring as your whole fall could be in jeopardy. I know I am going to reignite a few old injuries during this process and I am not looking forward to it. For example, when doing push-ups I have to go to my knees because the pressure on my reconstructed shoulder is to much. So to make up for the less stressful style, I do more reps. Simple solutions and not cutting corners.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

8. The Following User Says Thank You to D.Turvey, Jr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    Count me in the team Turvey also... I'm 6'2" and 260 pounds. Ex college baseball player, 38 years old, blah blah.... basically really out of shape. My motivation is my family and my elk hunt this fall. I was 195 pounds at my peak physical condition. I know that is unrealistic by this fall so I have my goal set at 220 pounds by September 1st. This means I need to lose about 2 pounds a week between now and then.

Any help you guys can provide for someone that sits in an office all day will be greatly appreciated!
    Welcome to the team! Just remember, don't do to much at once. Small steps as trivial as they are will add up in the end. I am at this desk over 40 hours a week, I feel your pain there. It's hard to get home and find the motivation to workout when you have kids tugging on your legs, so start small. Do a few sets of push-ups or crunches and build on that.
    Managing Editor

10. The Following User Says Thank You to D.Turvey, Jr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Apparently "Team Turvey" is building a little momentum here. I've got a veteran soldier and former college athlete so far. Ike, Brandon and Scott better watch out

If any of you find the time later this summer, I'd love to see you all at the 5k, wherever we find one. If we get enough interest, it might be worth exploring doing our own Eastmans' 5k with a bunch of dedicated western hunters – how fun does that sound?
    Managing Editor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 835 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 600 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D.Turvey, Jr View Post
    Apparently "Team Turvey" is building a little momentum here. I've got a veteran soldier and former college athlete so far. Ike, Brandon and Scott better watch out

If any of you find the time later this summer, I'd love to see you all at the 5k, wherever we find one. If we get enough interest, it might be worth exploring doing our own Eastmans' 5k with a bunch of dedicated western hunters – how fun does that sound?
    I am going to be in the Laramie area on the 4th of July using that free fishing permit that the state graciously gives out with an elk permit. Maybe if the 5K is close to the 4th, I could make it? Keep us posted...

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast