Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 151 Times in 38 Posts

New sportin' piece

Alright.. So, I went out the other day and bought a new Christensen Ridgeline in 300 win mag, and topped it with a Vortex Viper PST 3-15, cause hey, Treat Yo?self, right? Didn't really need it, but have been wanting one for a while (too bad now I need another gun safe, I'm officially out of room in the current one)

Took it to the range the other day, to start running through the barrel break in procedure that Christensen requires. I?m pretty much done with that, and will start shooting different rounds to figure out what the gun likes best. I?ve already picked up some Federal Premium trophy bonded tips, and some Nosler E-tips. I kinda like the idea of shooting a copper or mono bullet, as I?ve been shooting Barnes TSX?s out of my .270 for years. But, I?m not married to that bullet, and am open to suggestions.

Does anyone have a bullet type/size they really like out of their .300? In addition to the above, I?ll also pick up a box of Nosler Accubonds and Partitions, probably all in 180 grain. Will probably test drive some Barnes as well.
    I don?t know much about the ballistic performance of any of the Hornady, Sierra or Berger bullets, but if they make a round that?s good for deer, elk, moose and the like, I?m down to try them. 180?s seem to be the common size, but would be open to hear thoughts on shooting heavier bullets.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Congratulations to Fink For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Oh yeah, and some photos... Don't mind that pig in the chair, Jr. Fink is scared of it, and it's the only way I can keep him from climbing in the chair and onto the countertops...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-5398143785779650642_IMG_6726.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	23584

Name:	3080682747886681939_IMG_6723.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	23585

Name:	-4646667963612019073_IMG_6722.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	23586
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 4 Posts
    First of all congratulations. I've always wanted a Christensen arms rifle but have yet to pull the trigger. As far as bullets go. I don't have a 300 win mag but I do own a 300 Weatherby in a Mark V accumark. I can say the bullets ive come to like to most are the barnes ttsx and the nosler partitions cant go wrong with them. Sounds like you already shoot barnes. I don't think ill ever switch from Barnes. For factory ammo it shoots really good IMO and not priced out of this world.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 25 Posts
    Nice! I've been thinking of the same gun and caliber. Keep us posted.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    Nice! I've been thinking of the same gun and caliber. Keep us posted.
    Will do. Just watched Todd's video on the 300 PRC. May need to shoot some of those ELD-X's. If you're on my side of the state, and wanna shoot it before you decide to buy one, just let me know.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 285 Times in 67 Posts
    Congrats on the purchase!

I really like the look of those rifles.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 277 Times in 21 Posts
    Precision Hunter's or Noslers are hard to beat as factory rounds. just gotta see if the gun likes em

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Will do. Just watched Todd's video on the 300 PRC. May need to shoot some of those ELD-X's. If you're on my side of the state, and wanna shoot it before you decide to buy one, just let me know.
    I dont make it over there too often but I'll keep it in mind.