Thread: Help me

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Help me

Does anyone have any personal experience with the ghostblind or know of anyone that has bought and used one? Does it work? What are its limitations?

I first thought the idea was outrageously overprice and gimmicky. However, last year the muleys I was bow hunting were using the open prairie to travel. I made some make shift ground blinds out of tumbleweeds. This worked decent but the muleys were leery of the blinds (I only have a week to hunt and I have no time to build the blinds earlier in the year) and on day 5 of my hunt someone had destroyed all the blinds I had made. I have been in search of something you can put up and take down daily. Now the idea of the ghostblind doesn't seem that absurd.

What are your guys' thoughts on the blind? Does anyone do anything different for quick setup blinds that don't take much time to put together and take down?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 1,335 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 290 Times in 94 Posts
    I don't know of anyone who personally uses it, but am hopeful someone will chime in with some experience as I too am curious.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 284 Times in 66 Posts
    I know a guy who uses one religiously for deer and turkeys.

they can be a pain because you about need two of them to be able to be completely concealed. When the sun is shining it is also a pain in the butt. When the wind is blowing they are a pain too.

The same guy tried to good hunt in the middle of a field with one and it worked VERY well for the first day. If the birds circled over and didn't immediately commit they would look down and see him (Obviously) and flare real bad. When the sun got up it created a big shadow as well which the birds didnt like. He strung a piece of camo netting across the top and it flared the birds less but they were still very suspicious.

I think they have their place. Just like everything else.

He highly recommends the carry bag they sell with it. I do know that for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One downfall also is ,,say your bowhunting,,you have to ease up high enough over the top of the blind to be able to shoot, you'd have to just draw and raise as the animal has its attention elsewhere. But I've seen one set up in a relatively thick timber area,I'm not kidding its reflective exterior works so well ,,don't walk too far away it be becomes almost invisible...and as said the sun does reflect or shine on it at times. I guess you'd have to be selective how and where you set it up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I wanted to chime in - I do not own one. Have eyed them over the years and can see benefits in some situations.

Was watching an antelope hunting video and they had one up on a breazy day. The materials is flimsy and was rippling - looked horrible as the entire reflection area was in motion.

I could see using it in light to no wind, and perhaps as a shield for stalking across wide open areas.

Some guys have used mirrored window film to make versions of the Ghost Blind and have had good results. I imagine that if I was gonna make one it would be on a stiff material or plywood.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 4 Posts

We have two of them at our deer lease. We have been successful setting them up in standing corn on whitetail deer and have arrowed a few deer with them. They are not light and mobile to be carrying a long distance but they do work.