Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 121 Times in 22 Posts

We're all headed to Cooperstown, NY for a week of 12u baseball this summer. Should be a good time with all the other team families. Gonna take the boys to Niagra Falls on the way home. I hear that this tournament is quite the spectacle and a life long memory for the kids. I'm excited to hang out with the other dads at the cabins and do some fishing too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to boiler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 121 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    When i was married we did mostly beach vacations. Mostly to the all inclusives in Mexico and various places in Florida. We can drive to destin, FL (pan handle) in a hard day of driving. Going to Gulf Shores this year. The ex, me, and kids do one vacation a year together, something we agreed to do when we got divorced.
    Took the family to Gulf Shores last fall. Very nice place. You guys should have a blast. If you get a chance take the boat ride out to watch the Blue Angels practice, that was the highlight for me! Drinking beer and looking for shells on a sand bar with the Blue Angels flying overhead was surreal!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 9 Posts
    Caribbean or Florida
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 775 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 327 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boiler View Post
    Took the family to Gulf Shores last fall. Very nice place. You guys should have a blast. If you get a chance take the boat ride out to watch the Blue Angels practice, that was the highlight for me! Drinking beer and looking for shells on a sand bar with the Blue Angels flying overhead was surreal!
    That's a good time there. I lived on base for two different three year tours in Pensacola. I think it was every Wednesday they would practice. It was cool to be able to put that on the weekly schedule and just stop and watch them.
    Add in the pink Gulf shrimp and a cold one and boom. Small piece of heaven!

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 257 Times in 103 Posts
    I asked this as we stopped by Devil's Tower on my way home from Iowa. I have a mental list of where I want my kids and wife to go but this is a good opportunity to start building an actual list and action plan to get them to see more than just Wyoming. I want them to see that there is a lot to our world.
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 17 Posts
    Wife & I have been to the Caribbean 3 times over the last 10 years, that’s our preference.

Kids were old enough (4&6) last year, so we did a Myrtle Beach family trip. Disney cruise this December, gotta be better than standing in line for hours and hours.

Well said Scott, there’s a lot to see out there. Exposure to as much as feasible is critical IMHO.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 257 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timr245 View Post
    Wife & I have been to the Caribbean 3 times over the last 10 years, that’s our preference.

Kids were old enough (4&6) last year, so we did a Myrtle Beach family trip. Disney cruise this December, gotta be better than standing in line for hours and hours.

Well said Scott, there’s a lot to see out there. Exposure to as much as feasible is critical IMHO.
    Thanks Tim!
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 232 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    I asked this as we stopped by Devil's Tower on my way home from Iowa. I have a mental list of where I want my kids and wife to go but this is a good opportunity to start building an actual list and action plan to get them to see more than just Wyoming. I want them to see that there is a lot to our world.
    On our trip out to new Hampshire we are going to hit Niagara falls and then on the way home hits Gettysburg, Philadelphia(liberty bell and museum) and Hershey Pennsylvania. I like adding thing like that to our trips to places

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 234 Times in 47 Posts
    I am lucky where I can scout/fish/hunt out my front door so we go to a big city (other than denver lol) to see the wildlife at least once a year. Multi day river trips also take a week or so out of the summer. I have 2 young girls so Disneyland for a week - this year Disney world while cliche is also fun. Hope to get the entire family down to the patagonia region of chile to fish/kayak if not this winter next.

Lots of these little mountain towns also have festivals - jazz, blues, mac n cheese, bike, beer, wildflowers, and we travel to hit some of em every year. Once July hits it is backpacks and fly rods on scouting trips looking for deer.

Always wanted to hit the gulf coast been a lot of places never there and it looks like a great place to visit w family.
    Last edited by ColoradoV; 05-18-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 18 Posts

We started taking a summer camping trip in the rockies in the summer, a few years ago, as I've shared b4.

Yes, part of the trip will coincide with a 1/2 day spent where I drew a tag-so maybe not exactly 'non-hunting', lol, but most of it is hiking, fishing, sightseeing. We've seen Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, Hobo Hot Springs, and stumbled on a neat town festival last August in Buffalo, WY.

We just tent camp at public facilities mostly in the national forests, BLM or grasslands, but we usually plan to go out on the town the last day or so, where we will 'glamp' at KOA or private campground with showers to clean up from days in the mtns. Our biggest cost is fuel for the tundra, otherwise, its very econmical.

I know the thread is about 'non hunting' but all that time on the ground in the summer pays dividends in the fall. You know the lay of the land: where to camp, get gas, truck stops to lay over if the weather gets nasty, and so on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123