Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 649 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 434 Times in 49 Posts

Most favorite family vacation spots:

One of the resorts on the Baja east cape. Unbelievably relaxing and can even include a couple days of fishing (marlin, dorado, tuna, pargo, roosterfish, wahoo). All meals are prepped and done family style. Back in the day the rates for kids was very good, which actually made for a relatively economical trip. This was my kids favorite.

Oregon coast, just a couple hours from us. Has clamming, crabbing, salmon fishing, bass fishing, rockfish fishing, shopping, dunes, camping, restaurants. Sometimes we would rent a condo right on the ocean.

Lake Powell in Utah/Arizona. Great for water sports, houseboating (would love to do someday) and killer striped bass fishing.

Hot springs in Eastern Oregon. Soaking in the hot mineral water. Swimming in nearby creeks, catching crawdads. Can even work in some jack rabbit hunting and antelope hunting/scouting.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 05-15-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 832 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 600 Times in 82 Posts
    I take my wife every other year on a Caribbean vacation. Our favorite spot has been the Rui Palace on Paradise Island. They run an all inclusive, adult only, resort. It sits next door to the Atlantis Resort but is half the price and all inclusive. On non Caribbean years, we do a family camping/fishing trip in the Wyoming mountains. We also do mini 3 day vacations a few times a year just for quick fun. Those usually are centered around youth baseball or fishing. I'm lucky in that my wife really enjoys the outdoors as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 7 Posts
    Last week we were in Louisville for the NASP National Archery Tournament. We did take an extra day and ran to Nashville with the kids for the day. Not an extravagant vacation but we all had a lot of fun.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Fly Fishing, the mighty Mo and the Black Foot in one month !! Local tailwaters on the east coast between now and then! The east has has so much rain the local waters in the white mountains of NH and the greens of VT wont be fishable for a month or more ! The remote trout ponds of Maine are still iced in! This is killing vacations !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 210 Times in 36 Posts
    Always fishing somewhere if not hunting.
    Did Puerto rico tarpon last year with the kids. Just booked costa rica next year in march with the kids and grandsons.
    Oklahoma spoon bill, Oregon sturgeon and next texas alligator gar.
    Wife and I don't really vacation together, she goes to the Philippines every year for a few weeks. To much time in one spot doing nothing for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 15 Posts
    I was lucky as a child. My dad was military and loved to travel. We always took a family vacation some where. I have tried to do the same for my childern. I have been to the Gulf Coast, East Coast, and West Coast. It was great to go to all the beaches when I was young. Now that I am older I prefer to head to cooler areas for the summer. I love to go to Northern Minnesota or Canada fishing. Even went to Chicago last summer to take my son to football camp which was much better than Texas the prior year (heat). I am excited to be headed to Yellowstone and Grand Teton NP this summer.
    Arkansas has some neat places for vacations and the great Branson is fairly close to home. Hot Spring National Park is nice with three great lakes in the area. Eureka Springs is a good historical spot (avoid the weirdos). The state parks offer everything from mountains, lakes, nature centers, and even diamond digging. Arkansas has some great trout rivers where big trout can be caught. My largest 17 lbs brown trout, 8 lbs rainbow, 5 lbs Cutthroat, and a almost 4 lbs brook trout. Dang I have blessed maybe that is why I am not ready to retire finance wise.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 269 Times in 59 Posts
    Luckily my wife and kids love camping. For some reason most of our camping is done in or very nears areas that are also some of our hunting areas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0477.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	23457
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 232 Times in 145 Posts
    Florida ever few years to bring the youngsters to Disney. Mostly travel around the great state of michigan to great state parks on the lakes. Also random trips once in awhile. This year visiting family in New Hampshire

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 7 Posts
    When i was married we did mostly beach vacations. Mostly to the all inclusives in Mexico and various places in Florida. We can drive to destin, FL (pan handle) in a hard day of driving. Going to Gulf Shores this year. The ex, me, and kids do one vacation a year together, something we agreed to do when we got divorced.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 174 Times in 22 Posts

Non-Hunting Vacations

Our family is planning a trip in two years to rent a camper van and drive the entire island of Iceland! Its one of those bucket list kind of trips that i really want to do. Besides planning that we take a lot of weekend trips with the camper and side by side and ride in the late spring early summer. Really like the technical trails that have lots of rock crawling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast