Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 121 Times in 16 Posts

NON Res Kaibab Archery

Curious if any AZ fellas know the odds for a non-res to draw this archery tag? I've got 2 points in AZ and plan on selecting it as 1st choice. Most internet research I can find is pretty outdated. I havent committed to the Go Hunt subscription but questions like this really push me toward that cliff..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 225 Times in 24 Posts
    According to the stats, 4 points will pretty much guarantee you draw....but you always have a chance. My NR buddy drew last year with 0 points
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    According to the stats, 4 points will pretty much guarantee you draw....but you always have a chance. My NR buddy drew last year with 0 points
    Good to know! I was hoping you would chime in! I pulled the trigger on the app. Curious, Ive been spending alot of time in the 15 and 18 areas the past few years on the OTC tag. Should I expect comparable deer #'s if this hunt comes thru? I know the summer archery season is darn hot in the elevations I have spent time in. Deer typically water at about 2-3 am and don't move much after that. I came to the conclusion that trail cams only tease me in the summer months in the desert. One location, I would average 5 different bucks (mon-fri) living darn close to the water my camera was on. Spent days glassing and never turned up a single one. during the days I was glassing I would check the camera and sure enough they hit water during that same span. They were there, I think they burrow in the dirt to hide

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 225 Times in 24 Posts
    It will be MUCH cooler on the Bab’ during the bowhunt.....with afternoon thundershowers probable. You should see more deer too.....especially in the old burn areas on both sides of the highway. Try and take a quick bonsai scouting trip up there in July and you’ll see the country and weather. When I was up there for the hunt two years ago, there was frost on the ground in the mornings!
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 654 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 436 Times in 50 Posts
    Your odds last year for 12A archery with 2 points as a nonresident look like they would have been 9.4% according to TopRut/Huntin Fool.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Your odds last year for 12A archery with 2 points as a nonresident look like they would have been 9.4% according to TopRut/Huntin Fool.
    I like bohntrs response better.. thanks for checking for me, sounds like I don?t need to plan just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 262 Times in 39 Posts
    Hunters trail head has some good info go for it its possible

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 8.20.53 PM.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	23439
    Last edited by dustin ray; 05-09-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dustin ray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,152 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 294 Times in 65 Posts
    There is always the lucky draw. I did it in 2017 on my coues hunt. I had drawn the tag in 2016 and then again in 2017 with my one loyalty point.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    It will be MUCH cooler on the Bab’ during the bowhunt.....with afternoon thundershowers probable. You should see more deer too.....especially in the old burn areas on both sides of the highway. Try and take a quick bonsai scouting trip up there in July and you’ll see the country and weather. When I was up there for the hunt two years ago, there was frost on the ground in the mornings!
    I made the mistake of planning a trip to the grand canyon in Feb.. Trailer water lines froze solid, got about 3' of snow. Thanks for the advice, I look forward to learning a new area (that holds decent deer #'s!)

Thanks
    Congratulations

NON Res Kaibab Archery

Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    There is always the lucky draw. I did it in 2017 on my coues hunt. I had drawn the tag in 2016 and then again in 2017 with my one loyalty point.
    Ive tried the "luck" thing the past 5 years.. Its not really on my side lately! Somewhere along the way I really angered the deer gods.. Last December I promised them I wouldn't be picky. I made a vow "the first set of horns I see is going down!" sure enough the first set of horns was a sweet spike, I was terrified to turn it down due to my vows (and the empty freezer). He was in a great spot and my bow gave me that tingly feeling.. Hopefully im back on good graces.. I stuck to my promise.
    Last edited by hardstalk; 05-10-2019 at 11:53 AM.

12. The Following User Says Congratulations to hardstalk For This Post: