Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 835 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 600 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I wonder if you can do the same thing with a small game license for coyotes?
    No license is required to hunt coyotes in Wyoming. Each area will have different regulations but I don't believe predator hunting is listed as allowed prior to big game seasons in most of them. The main reason they don't want scouting in these areas is they don't want the animals pushed off before hunters get a chance to harvest them. A good spotting scope from a public road is a hunters best chance to locate prior to the season.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I wonder if you can do the same thing with a small game license for coyotes?
    I do not think you are required to have license for coyotes and small game would need to be on the list of animals. Bow hunting license that might work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    The main reason they don't want scouting in these areas is they don't want the animals pushed off before hunters get a chance to harvest them.
    Heck those 5 boys from Wisconsin that thought you could chase an antelope down did good enough job at that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 505 Times in 131 Posts
    One other thing about WIA's, the landowner can cancel the contract at any time....at least that's what I was told by a Warden.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    One other thing about WIA's, the landowner can cancel the contract at any time....at least that's what I was told by a Warden.
    Yeah. I noticed last yr that for some weeks last summer all the WIAs and HMAs vanished from the online hunt planner.

I called G&F & they said it was due to the maps being updated with the current WIAs & HMAs enrolled for the upcoming hunting seasons. Some do go away/change, but other new ones sometimes come in too. A few weeks later they were back on the maps again-mostly. lol

Its definitely something to keep an eye on, especially if certain WIAs HMAs figure prominently in your acess plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 172 Times in 26 Posts

HMAs and walk in areas are updated in July, they remoove them from the Hunt Planner just before they get them resigned. You can contact the GW or access coordinator for your area to see if any changes coming before July that they know of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12