Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 276 Times in 20 Posts

Alabama: Final hunt numbers come out after the brochure is printed, and even after everyone applies

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 118 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skibum81 View Post
    I think there actually might be some improvement and maybe a chance to slow point creep slightly. 26,000 less people applied in the elk draw then last year. 18,500 less people applied for a preference point. Maybe the higher fees caused this, maybe something else. I've also heard a lot of people put in to use points this year because of said fees. So keeping out fingers crossed, maybe a slight slowing of creep.
    There might be some truth to that theory. I just checked the stats in the unit that I drew with 11 pts. Last year there were only 10 NR tags that drew out with 8, 9, or 10 pts. This year 3 of 4 with 11 pts. drew and the rest were between 15 and 19 pts. I'll continue to buy points in CO, but never accumulate many before using them. Between the application with the small game license, and the deer and elk tag, it came to roughly $1,200. As they say here in Minnesota, "OOF DAH!"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Check out the mountain goat draw stats. A NR drew a female only tag as 3rd choice! The unit was not listed as available to NR this year. The "lucky" NR was the only one who applied for that hunt. Something seems VERY fishy! I'm usually not a conspiracy guy but something is definitely up with that. I even went back and looked at the sheep/goat brochure and sure enough there were 22 tags listed: 2 archery either sex, 3 female only rifle, and 17 either sex rifle. Yet 23 tags were awarded??? Somebody has a buddy in the CPW office.

GFG0702R is the code
    I know of some crazy coincidental stories also. I know there is a good ole boy club alive and well in the CPW

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    You just need to put a tinfoil hat on when you are filling out your applications.

You just need to remember that nothing is set in stone when the Guide Books are printed and distributed. After the range rides or fly overs they can add or subtract tags depending on their counts.

I have seen where they have completely removed a whole hunt because of what they discovered on their survey, and that was after every one that wanted to hunt that unit had submitted their application.
    I apply in multiple states every year JimP. I know we put in for most of the draws before they've approved the quotas but that is not the case for Sheep and Mountain Goat in CO. Look at the brochures for the last 3 years. All the tags are preset and except for the hunt I mentioned they have not deviated from that number at all. (yes I was bored and it's been pouring rain here, lol) They have not taken away or added to the resident or NR quota at all.

So in this years' brochure there are 214 tags allocated to residents and 22 to NR. In the draw recap there were 213 tags allocated to residents and 23 to NR. Clear as day hunt code GFG0702R says 3 female only tags to residents. The hunt code is not listed on the NR side yet 1 person, I say again, 1 person put it as his/her 3rd choice and drew. There were residents who didn't draw and the tag was supposed to be allocated to them.

Sorry but a fly-over didn't make this change and I don't need a tin foil hat. I'm a numbers guy and I can spot an anomaly when I see it. It's not an attack on your state, I love CO and I'll continue to apply there but in this singular case something shady was going on.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CODAK View Post
    Alabama: Final hunt numbers come out after the brochure is printed, and even after everyone applies
    For bear, deer, elk, moose, and pronghorn that is true. It's not the case for sheep and mountain goat, those numbers are preset and printed in the brochure.
    Last edited by Alabama; 06-11-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did not get drawn for elk, now I am looking at a leftover cow tag for first rifle. Fingers crossed.
    Patriotism requires less and less of making the eagle scream, but more and more of making him think.- Aldo Leopold

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    When should the paper tags start showing up. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,152 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 294 Times in 65 Posts
    I'd say on a guess the end of June.

I did find out that if you drew a big game tag and want to come out here and perhaps do some fishing while you are scouting and you don't have the actual license with you just print out your successful email and bring that. I have a brother in law that is going to make good use of that fishing license so I called the Glenwood office to find out and that is what they told me.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    I'd say on a guess the end of June.

I did find out that if you drew a big game tag and want to come out here and perhaps do some fishing while you are scouting and you don't have the actual license with you just print out your successful email and bring that. I have a brother in law that is going to make good use of that fishing license so I called the Glenwood office to find out and that is what they told me.
    I can?t wait to get back up there and get after those native brookies. Also the nice browns and rainbows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920