Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 247 Times in 49 Posts

2019 License Quota's

Are at the link. While these have not been voted on - the commission has never gone against the recommended quota's. Interesting but IMO more politics than reality..

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Co...on-Summary.pdf

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ColoradoV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 283 Times in 65 Posts
    https://cpw.state.co.us/mule-deer-inventory-video

In case anyone has never seen the video on how they do counts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mallardsx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I wonder if one day they will end the "Chopper Chasing" and use drones with FLIR cameras on them. I would think this would be much cheaper and more accurate. Of course it may not pick up much info on whether they are bucks or does or bulls or cows.

I am a licensed drone pilot and with a truck full of batteries I know that I could cover a lot of ground/day at a fraction of the cost if some restrictions were lifted from the drones. I'm confident with a predetermined calculated flight path and the proper launching point that I could fly an entire unit in 1 day depending on flight conditions. Perhaps some kind of recognition software I could determine what species and have an automatic count of animals completed withing 24 hours of the initial flight time.

It will be interesting to see what the future holds. Perhaps there is a different heat signature that a deer gives off vs an antelope vs a sheet.

Having the most accurate counts would potentially help estimate the amount of animals harvested after the season as well per unit and it wouldn't scare the shit out of the animals quite as bad.

Here is a study done by airplane years ago.

http://www.docs.dcnr.pa.gov/cs/group...cnr_005410.pdf

Cool stuff for sure.

Kinda scary actually in the hands of the wrong person.

Strange video but check this out.

Last edited by mallardsx2; 04-19-2019 at 08:03 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mallardsx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 247 Times in 49 Posts
    Well you can now follow the link to the tag numbers. Needless to say this allocation will not help the deer numbers and CPW is saying they are targeting big bucks to slow the spread of CPW as well as "if the winter is going to kill them anyway we should let hunters have more opportunity". Not sure why they added so many late season deer tags as some places saw many move from 2nd to 3rd.. Overall if you like to hunt big bucks this allocation and how it is done will not help the mature bucks. IMO a step backwards for the cpw..

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Co...SP8WoaVq1IVSXw

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 27 Posts
    Dadgum.. I put in for a 4th season hunt in my favorite unit thinking there was no way I'd draw and that I'd just get the leftover list. They quadrupled the # of tags, now I should be in the running for a tag.

Overall though, an addition of 260 total tags, 200 of those in the 3rd season, has gotta have an impact on the age class, which I guess is their goal.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Looks like there will be a potential small cleansing of point holders this year.