Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,253 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 276 Times in 91 Posts

Lot of mixed review packs on the market, but no matter the need, it appears Kifaru and Exo are at the top of the heap.
    If given the opportunity, try before you buy. Fit is key

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 248 Times in 99 Posts
    Without going into too much detail, we have a pack review coming up and it should cover most of the brands mentioned.

Above all else, fit is king. If you guys are interested I will put together a YouTube video talking about pack fit and how to get the most out of your pack.
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I would love that. Thanks for all the help. I don’t know how I would try on all the different packs but would like to before dropping the kind of money we are taking.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 7 Posts
    I have used a variety of Kifaru packs for about 15 years for all of my hunting. The frame that came with my old Longhunter Guide and my newer tactical frame fit me great. Both handle heavy loads with ease and neither have been a hindrance in the woods. The tactical frame with a Woodsman bag worked well for me last fall. I keep eyeing Exo and Stone Glacier packs, but I will probably just stick with Kifaru.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    exo daypack 2000 might fit your needs. $524
    For the type of hunting the OP described, this would be my recommendation as well. This or the MR Pinter or similar. I?ve tried a lot of packs too. Kifaru is a solid choice but if you aren?t packing camp in I would go with one of the day packs with a good load sling/ shelf. I picked up my MR Pinter for around $300 on clearance. My Kifaru was north of $1K. It?s a no brainer for me when you?re talking that kind of price difference. My MR carries weight just fine for the pack outs that are usually within a few miles from the truck. It all depends on your hunting style.
    For many hunters the stigma of being unsuccessful has become so unbearable that the satisfaction of the hunt itself has become lost...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    For the type of hunting the OP described, this would be my recommendation as well. This or the MR Pinter or similar. I?ve tried a lot of packs too. Kifaru is a solid choice but if you aren?t packing camp in I would go with one of the day packs with a good load sling/ shelf. I picked up my MR Pinter for around $300 on clearance. My Kifaru was north of $1K. It?s a no brainer for me when you?re talking that kind of price difference. My MR carries weight just fine for the pack outs that are usually within a few miles from the truck. It all depends on your hunting style.
    Although I am big Kifaru fan, I must confess that I would be trying out an Exo K2 2000 as my day hunting pack if my torso were an inch or so shorter. It does appear to check all of the boxes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKPAKR View Post
    Although I am big Kifaru fan, I must confess that I would be trying out an Exo K2 2000 as my day hunting pack if my torso were an inch or so shorter. It does appear to check all of the boxes.
    I have a 21.5 in torso so that also is a big factor. I contacted all the major companies and Exo told me to wait until their new packs are revealed with my long torso.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 119 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerm8352 View Post
    I have a 21.5 in torso so that also is a big factor. I contacted all the major companies and Exo told me to wait until their new packs are revealed with my long torso.
    yes. they(exo) told me they were coming out with a fit for longer torso. around end of may or so.

I have 21' torso and the old packs fit me fine but I am just about at the end of the adjustment capability.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

tolerance of the nation ,makes the nation an obamination !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sounds like I will have to check out their new stuff when it comes out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 7 Posts

I use a Osprey Argos 85. Had one zipper break, and they fixed it. Over the last 8 years, I have hauled probabaly 8 deer, and 6 elk out in it. Shoulder and waist strap cushioning that other companys only dream of. Downside: it is heavy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123