Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts

I have a Kuiu ultra 6000 and it squeaks like an old shoe. I know about all the "fixes" like tape on the frame and graphite ect. Nothings lasts. But for the money I paid, why? I have an EXO k3500 and have bought my last pack.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 857 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaHunter View Post
    Can you be specific about the materials you reference?
    Bag material not as strong quality as other high end brands, buckles, slides, are cheaply made, the pull tabs on the zippers break off and the zippers are junk.

This is all my opinion. I have had 2 Kuiu packs and sold one off and gave the other away.

With that being said the Kuiu 5200 was one of the most comfortable packs I’ve owned.

I have used a ton of different brand packs and now I run the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 and love it. Fits me perfect, feels great under heavy loads and has just enough pockets for storage. It’s fabric is much more durable then others and the zippers work great even when dusty.
    Last edited by Ikeepitcold; 04-12-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 119 Times in 50 Posts
    I recently bought an exo 3500. we shall see.

I haven't been out in the woods with it yet or hauled any meat but I have hiked a couple miles with it loaded up with about 40 lbs or so.

so far very comfortable . I believe it will serve me well.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

tolerance of the nation ,makes the nation an obamination !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Bag material not as strong quality as other high end brands, buckles, slides, are cheaply made, the pull tabs on the zippers break off and the zippers are junk.

This is all my opinion. I have had 2 Kuiu packs and sold one off and gave the other away.

With that being said the Kuiu 5200 was one of the most comfortable packs I’ve owned.

I have used a ton of different brand packs and now I run the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 and love it. Fits me perfect, feels great under heavy loads and has just enough pockets for storage. It’s fabric is much more durable then others and the zippers work great even when dusty.
    I have an Kuiu Icon Pro, and have had it since they came out. I've used it extensively training with wts from 40-75 lbs. I've hauled 3 mule deer and part of 1 elk with my Icon Pro. It has performed very well and continues to perform well. Heaviest I have had it was with a entire mule deer bone in along with all my hunting day pack gear.
    Icon Pro Materials: Carbon fiber frame, 500 D Cordura nylon bag material (same as many other 'top end' packs), Duraflex buckles (very high quality), YKK zippers (high quality). The webbing straps are not as wide as some other packs, but I have never had a buckle slip or fail. The pack will handle more wt than most are capable of carrying. The key is to have the pack adjusted properly for you body. If the pack didn't work for you, or you found a pack that you feel is better, that's fine, but the materials used to make the Icon Pro pack are high quality. The OP just needs to get accurate information so that he can make an informed decision.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 857 Times in 149 Posts
    I have an Kuiu Icon Pro, and have had it since they came out. I've used it extensively training with wts from 40-75 lbs. I've hauled 3 mule deer and part of 1 elk with my Icon Pro. It has performed very well and continues to perform well. Heaviest I have had it was with a entire mule deer bone in along with all my hunting day pack gear.
    Icon Pro Materials: Carbon fiber frame, 500 D Cordura nylon bag material (same as many other 'top end' packs), Duraflex buckles (very high quality), YKK zippers (high quality). The webbing straps are not as wide as some other packs, but I have never had a buckle slip or fail. The pack will handle more wt than most are capable of carrying. The key is to have the pack adjusted properly for you body. If the pack didn't work for you, or you found a pack that you feel is better, that's fine, but the materials used to make the Icon Pro pack are high quality. The OP just needs to get accurate information so that he can make an informed decision.
    I completely agree.

Best advise get what fits you the best and what will serve your purpose.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for all the insight. Because of my work and sleep apnea I am not really able to pack in and have to hunt mostly day trips or from a camp that is close to a road. So my pack needs to get my stuff I need for day of hunting in and then the elk out. I do not need to haul camp in or out just my hunting gear and hopefully the meat.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 119 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerm8352 View Post
    Thanks for all the insight. Because of my work and sleep apnea I am not really able to pack in and have to hunt mostly day trips or from a camp that is close to a road. So my pack needs to get my stuff I need for day of hunting in and then the elk out. I do not need to haul camp in or out just my hunting gear and hopefully the meat.
    exo daypack 2000 might fit your needs. $524
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

tolerance of the nation ,makes the nation an obamination !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Kifaru carries weight extremely well (IMO).
    Eberlestock, own one, would not recommended.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    The main belt buckle on my Kuiu ultra broke. I emailed Kuiu to see if I could buy or get a replacement. They never answered me. Have never had the folks at EXO/S&S not return an email promptly. Just for what it's worth.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 161 Times in 34 Posts

I?ve been through all the packs and hands down my journey ended once I used an Exo pack. By far the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Montana For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast