Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 450 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    Buck or doe? I don't think you specified. If you go doe hunting you can still have a great hunt and your options open up a lot more than buck hunting with 0 PPs.

I've done several doe hunts with my family. No bad knees but young children. We had a blast.
    Yep...I would opt for a doe hunt. More options and plenty of area to hunt.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was really wanting a chance at a buck. Maybe I'd be better off collecting a few points then try it . Thanks for your words of wisdom guys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 5 Posts
    There's no rule that says you can't apply for buck and doe.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 273 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by North mo View Post
    Was really wanting a chance at a buck. Maybe I'd be better off collecting a few points then try it . Thanks for your words of wisdom guys
    People draw every year in the zero point units for bucks. However you need to do a lot of homework learning who will and who will not allow you to hunt on their lands. Be it by paying a trespass fee or hunting towards the end of the season after all the family has filled their tags.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 63 Times in 9 Posts
    We hunted doe in 22 couple years ago, but didn't go until the end of season. They are pretty dam smart and spooky by then, i would go right away. There's quite a bit of land once you get out there, but definitely have a gps chip!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 4 Posts
    What you’re trying to do can certainly be done on 0 points. It will require some research though. Put in for doe tags too and go out without expectations and you should have a great time with your son.

I’d suggest scouting for a day or two prior to the opener and kill a buck when the BOB shows up and then you’ll have a few more days to fill the rest of your tags.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well unfortunately I found out my son's fall college schedule has sent me a curve so now I have to replan this trip. Is there anyone on here that's from wyoming or very very familiar with the state that I can call and chat with. If so pm me your number and a good time to call. Thanks guys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 72 Times in 24 Posts

Well unfortunately I found out my son's fall college schedule has sent me a curve so now I have to replan this trip. Is there anyone on here that's from wyoming or very very familiar with the state that I can call and chat with. If so pm me your number and a good time to call. Thanks guys
    Can't over-emphasize the fact there are detailed threads archived on here from people explaining everything for a newbie with zero points. Search and you'll find them. Good luck on your adventure!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12