Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 224 Times in 37 Posts

And now the waiting game ....

I guess I'm struggling to understand why it takes so long for CPW to get our draw results out to us.

When applications were submitted via paper and a check, I can understand the need to spend time entering applicants into the system, making sure they were correct, etc. But, with the new electronic system, the hunt codes are verified at the time of application. All of that information is now set within their system.

Also, back in the day when CPW were sitting on our funds drawing interest off the submission, I can understand the want to sit on it as long as possible to draw the little extra interest funds. Now, with the system as it is, they don't get their funds until they start hitting credit cards with the draw results. It would seem to me CPW would want to speed up this process a bit quicker to get those funds in their accounts faster.

It seems strange to me that it takes roughly two months to get CO draw results when other states i.e. Wyoming can turn around draw results in less than a month.
    "Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... It's the reckoning." Doc Holliday

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    It would be nice to get the results in time to apply to WY if not getting a permit in CO. Maybe they have a larger pool of hunters to deal with?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Maybe they do have a larger pool and there are administrative actions that need to take place, but it's all done by a computer, which the vast majority of the work was done by the applicants when submitting.
    "Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... It's the reckoning." Doc Holliday

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 140 Times in 25 Posts
    I'm with you. I agree. It seems like a long wait for something that I'm pretty sure the computer knows already.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    What impact do you all think the higher fee prices have on the amount of people applying? Will we see a reduction in applications as people just do OTC? Will we see a temporary increase as people jump in the pool to cash in points since it will cost them more to build every year. What do you all think?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm thinking that we will see an increase in applicants cashing in points this year. Especially if they were just building points for one species. Thats my hope anyway. I'm planning on caching mine in within the next couple of years to get the most bang for my points.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 294 Times in 65 Posts
    The Colorado P&W hasn't even done their range rides to estimate the populations of animals yet. That is the reason that they don't draw the tags a week after the application deadline.

There is still a bunch of snow out there on the winter grounds and until they get a guess on how many animals are out there they won't know if they can increase or need to decrease tags for this fall.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    The Colorado P&W hasn't even done their range rides to estimate the populations of animals yet. That is the reason that they don't draw the tags a week after the application deadline.

There is still a bunch of snow out there on the winter grounds and until they get a guess on how many animals are out there they won't know if they can increase or need to decrease tags for this fall.
    That may be true, but I'm not buying it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 7 Posts
    I've wondered the same thing, this year especially as im curious how the new application fees will affect the pool. Personally i think the 4th season (when I go) will have less applicants in the past because anyone that is cashing in points probably isnt booking a 4th season hunt, but maybe. Also, there has been leftover tags every year for our units, so im guess people will either wait for leftover or go OTC 2/3 season.

In regards to the reason for waiting, I have no idea. I dont believe its anything to do with CPW studying the herd. The allotted tags for my hunt codes hasnt changed since 2015 for sure, maybe before. Maybe that is the case for other hunt codes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 39 Times in 9 Posts

Whatever the case may be, the waiting sucks ass!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself." -unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast