Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hearing aids.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts

Well I had my appointment yesterday. Turns out that like I was told a few years ago, my high frequency hearing is my problem. Probably from shooting without hearing protection for years (when I was younger, not now if I can help it). My lower frequency hearing is normal. He recommended ReSound. I tried some and they weren't too bad so I ordered some. Can't wait to give them a field test. Can't beat the Costco warranty. 6 months trial period and by using a Costco credit card I get 5 year warranty. Not super inexpensive but less than what I was expecting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 17 Posts
    87TT, Thanks guys. A friend of mine tried the VA and was told he made too much money on his retirement.

I just got mine a couple of months ago from the VA, never did cost or anything about my retirement pay come up. I think someone was feeding your friend Bravo Sierra Sandwich.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 450 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGM View Post
    87TT, Thanks guys. A friend of mine tried the VA and was told he made too much money on his retirement.

I just got mine a couple of months ago from the VA, never did cost or anything about my retirement pay come up. I think someone was feeding your friend Bravo Sierra Sandwich.
    Every county in the US now is authorized to hire a Veteran Representative (paid for by the VA). Tell your buddy to go to the VA Rep and let him deal with the VA for anything he needs. Our Rep is absolutely great. The Rep should be wherever the county seat is. Look it up in the phone book and call them. Sounds like he got a bunch of BS for sure.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 106 Times in 22 Posts
    C.C.is spot on for his VA advice. You have to be "enrolled" for VA treatment, and there are different classifications. Access to VA medical depends on your classification. If you have a service connected disability, then you will have ready access. Income only enters the equation when you are far down the list. For instance, my father was a WWII navy vet, and he spent the last few years in a VA hospital nursing home. He was not retired military, and had no service connect disabilities, but he did qualify due to his income. If services need to be cut back, they will cut these folks off first. Hearing loss is probably one of the most common of the disabilities that may qualify you for access to the VA medical, but you can't just walk in the door as a vet The VA also will determine if your loss is service connected, and that is not automatic, and you may have to document why it may be so. Some MOSs would be easily approved (combat arms/artillery), while others will be a tough sell (admin./disbursing). But, I must say, that those old Remington typewriters were really, really loud.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts

I was in the Navy in Viet Nam on an LST in 1972. I worked in the engine room. We had to wear ear muffs even back then( diesel engines) I'm sure some of my problem is from that. But it's been a long life and more things have contributed such as shooting and power tools. That said, I could afford them so I'll let those who need them and maybe can't afford them take the benefit, Thanks for the info and I hope it helps some Vet in need.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123