Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 72 Times in 24 Posts

Dwight Schuh we will miss you

A pure hunter and superb athlete who helped thousands of us - Dwight Schuh rest in peace. I've bowhunted the same parts of Oregon he started in and he alone, through his books, taught me how to kill mule deer in sagebrush. I've owned a Dwight Schuh packframe for years and taken out countless animals on it, this year it will have even greater meaning. I'll never "upgrade."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conibear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Really cool guy. I wrote an e-mail to Bowhunter once, mentioning how much I enjoyed his work. He sent me a sincere thanks, along with an autographed copy of his book "Hunting Open Country Mule Deer". That book has made a substantial contribution to my improvement as a hunter through the years. I love his humble attitude. When you read his stuff it seems like he is a friend trying to help you out, not a braggart or self promoter. It's nice to find a writer that you can look up to not only as a hunter, but as a quality human being.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to El Serio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 72 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Serio View Post
    Really cool guy. I wrote an e-mail to Bowhunter once, mentioning how much I enjoyed his work. He sent me a sincere thanks, along with an autographed copy of his book "Hunting Open Country Mule Deer". That book has made a substantial contribution to my improvement as a hunter through the years. I love his humble attitude. When you read his stuff it seems like he is a friend trying to help you out, not a braggart or self promoter. It's nice to find a writer that you can look up to not only as a hunter, but as a quality human being.
    He was a friend trying to help you out, and I have a similar story, and that book is brilliant. A humble person and an iron man. Quietly knocking out marathons, triathlons, and every bowhunt you could imagine, all without hype or a sales pitch.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 222 Times in 23 Posts
    Knew him through P&Y...always spoke with him at all the P&Y Conventions over the years. He would alsways thank me for my service as a lawman......won’t ever forget that. About 6 years ago he was on the same flight as me, my wife and kids......my son sat next to him......he was great and talked Bowhunting and the importance of school with him the entire flight. Class act for sure.......and IMO wrote the best Bowhunting mule deer book EVER (no disrepect to the Eastman’s).......will miss you, DS. I can’t help but think that many flat brimmers could benefit from reading his early and later writings. 
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 261 Times in 59 Posts
    Rip "spider"

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,072 Times in 1,441 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 248 Times in 99 Posts
    Yes, he will be missed!
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Dwight Schuh was a class act in every aspect of the phrase. Although I never got to share a hunting camp with Dwight, I did share many a trail-run and Ironman where my wife was competing. He was a great bowhunter and an even better person. He would email a few times a year to tell me what he thought we were doing right at EBJ. Funny that he never once mentioned a single thing we were doing wrong, although I am certain there were plenty. His outdoor and personal accomplishments are beyond what most of us know. He literally transformed bowhunting as we know it today, and yes some of the "flat-brim" society could certainly learn a thing or two from his legacy as they currently benefit from it. He will be missed and we pray for his family's loss. A great loss for our hunting community and industry. Rest in peace Dwight. -G
    N. Guy Eastman
    Publisher
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 193 Times in 16 Posts
    He was a great man and true ambassador for bowhunting. He'll definitely be missed.

Here's his Obit

https://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforu...es=30&forum=36
    Last edited by Maxhunter; 02-08-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    When I was a teen and majorly getting addicted to bowhunting, it was a great time to be getting into archery (in the 90's). Between Dwight, Chuck Adams, the Eastmans, Dan Fitzgerald, Larry D. Jones, and a few others, it was so fun to see the articles and videos that seemed like they were being tailor made for me and my dad. Dwight and the crew I just listed GREATLY affected my career path. I knew doing what they did for a living was a pipe dream so I went to college for wildlife biology to have some sort of a career in the outdoors. All these years later getting to work in the industry for Eastmans' and see these heroes of mine at various trade shows is truly humbling.

Dwight Schuh's passing hit me like a ton of bricks. A true sign of the changing of the guard in the hunting world. And I'll admit, I have selfish feelings of remorse that he is gone. I should be rejoicing that he is with the heavenly Father now. He was a strong Christian and embodied that in the way he lived and treated others. Your dedication to archery and fair chase hunting, as well as the way you treated others will be missed, Dwight!

For anyone who is unfamiliar with his work, you owe it to yourself and your children to do some digging and read/watch it. Stoney-Wolf Productions used to sell them but they are tough to find. I have them on VHS and need to get them converted.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BrandonM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,245 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 275 Times in 90 Posts

I echo the above statement by MulyBux7077.

Having never met the man, I could still read the type of man he was.
    He effected the way I look at hunting and at life in general. Folks like Dwight, Chuck, & Larry are very very far and NONE between.
    Prayers for his family, friends, and anyone effected by the passing of this great man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast