Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    There is nothing illegal about travelling through Colorado or hunting very close to the border.
    Sure. But if you have a big sack of bear bait and a feeder in the back of your truck when you do it and you get pulled over, you're going to have a long conversation on your hands. That's all I'm saying.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 211 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taskswap View Post
    Sure. But if you have a big sack of bear bait and a feeder in the back of your truck when you do it and you get pulled over, you're going to have a long conversation on your hands. That's all I'm saying.
    I travel through Colorado to get to my Wyoming bait sites all the time. If you have a Wyoming bear license with you, which you must have in order to set out baits, the conversation with the officer when you're stopped should be pretty quick.
    Don't fence me in!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to highplainsdrifter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 144 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highplainsdrifter View Post
    I travel through Colorado to get to my Wyoming bait sites all the time. If you have a Wyoming bear license with you, which you must have in order to set out baits, the conversation with the officer when you're stopped should be pretty quick.
    Exactly. No need to worry about travelling through Colorado unless you have a weapon in your vehicle, just follow their rules for firearm transport.
    Lots of us hunt along the state border with no issues what so ever. Just know where you are.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    How quick does the unit usually fill. Is it likely it would go mid may

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hunttrap View Post
    How quick does the unit usually fill. Is it likely it would go mid may
    In Area 9 the spring season usually stays open until early June. Once or twice I've seen it stay open until the calendar closing date of June 15th.
    Don't fence me in!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I go to northern Idaho and diy bait bears, Wyoming would be a heck of a lot closer for me in eastern Nebraska. Might have look into that. Heck at only an 8 hour drive I could drive out and set a bait a few weeks prior to hunting which I can't do in Idaho.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hunttrap View Post
    I go to northern Idaho and diy bait bears, Wyoming would be a heck of a lot closer for me in eastern Nebraska. Might have look into that. Heck at only an 8 hour drive I could drive out and set a bait a few weeks prior to hunting which I can't do in Idaho.
    We usually check and replenish our baits weekly. If you wait much longer than that, and the bait barrel goes empty, the bears may leave and not come back. I think it's pretty important to not let the bait barrels go empty for long.

I realize that could be difficult when you have an 8 hour drive. Our drive is about 3 hours...so we're able to do it all in the same day. You would probably have to stay overnight one night each time you tend them.
    Don't fence me in!

Thanks
    Congratulations

That's what I've noticed in Idaho. Small bears may hang around but the big boys leave. What you use for bait. I use popcorn with a surgar cherry syrup over it with baitem 907 products. I'm thinking I'm going to change to dog food for future years, bears might get a more full feeling. I've had to many bears snack on the popcorn and not keep hitting it. Of course i'm just have them set for 10 days or so for my hunt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12