Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 232 Times in 145 Posts

I wouldn't worry about the ssn card or birthday certificate your passport covers that.

When you get to the boarder make sure you have your passport ready when you get to the booth. Kinda like a toll booth. Then make sure you know closest city to wear you are going, how many days you'll be in Canada, and what you will be doing there, and that you have a firearms declaration form. After that they tell you where to park you go inside sign and pay( unless they want to inspect your guns) you are good to go. It really isn't to bad. I had myself all worked up about it but it was pretty quick and easy.

On the way back was easy as well just asked where we were going, told them home they asked where that was. Then how long we were in Canada. And if we bought anything we were bringing back we had souvenirs. They ask what kind, some knick-knacks, furs ( bought of our guide), and shirts. Then they sent us on our way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 391 Times in 66 Posts
    Passport, firearms permit and I forgot to mention don't bring any booze. Also if you're hunting with an outfitter bring your contract!
    I've never been asked for it but outfitter told us to have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sneakypete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 25 Posts
    We bring beer and booze across every trip to our cabin in northwest Ontario. Never been a problem, just have to pay duty on anything over one case of beer or one liter of alcohol. Regarding your firearm, when they come out to check it, don’t touch it until they tell you to. They are law enforcement officers and as expected, can be a little edgy about guns. There was another group of hunters crossing the same time as I was, and while the border officer was checking us, one of the other group started taking their rifle out of the case on his tailgate. The officer immediately had his hand on his weapon, as he sternly told them to put it down.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonArrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 267 Times in 63 Posts
    I know nothing about the gun thing. I only travel across with bows.

And I quote the Canadian border agent asking my wife the following question...

"What kind of ammunition does your bow shoot?"
    "Uuuuuuuh....arrows..."

I kept a straight face....but it was hard.

Have your drivers license inside of your passport and have it ready when you pull up.
    Dont act suspicious.
    Dont have a passport photo from college looking like Jesus himself....On one particular crossing the Canadian Agent looked at my buddys passport and then looked at my buddy over the top of his glasses, my buddy just shrugged and said "It was a dark period of my life..." thought for sure they were going to snap the rubber gloves on/in us for sure but they just sent us on our way.

Never had them dump my bags or check my coolers. Wouldn't have been a big deal. They were empty 3 of the 6 times anyhow lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mallardsx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts

I remember tobacco being an issue when we went (2002). They emptied every bag we had and inspected all firearms. There were five of us. I guess we looked suspicious. Coming back they nearly waived us through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12