Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 Times in 1,196 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 273 Times in 88 Posts

I've been married 23 years. I know her travel patterns, where she feeds, beds down, and gets water and I am still finding my way and learning annually. Just Say'n

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    I've been married 23 years. I know her travel patterns, where she feeds, beds down, and gets water and I am still finding my way and learning annually. Just Say'n
    Lol, nice!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 15 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! As other have said there is a wealth of information to be had here. Don’t be afraid to search for it. I myself spend many hours scouring for things I may have overlooked. Also the Elevated Podcasts can be great tools as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 343 Times in 63 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your service! And thanks for the great intro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys, thanks for all the welcome. I'll probably be hitting a couple of you up in the next few days. I purchased WY points last year for deer, elk, and antelope (which, as I understand it, covers muleys as well?). Odd thing is, when I applied for a party hunt this year (which is a bummer, the crew I set it up for don't seem to want to jump in on it), it doesn't seem to have used my point from last year? Does that system work differently than individually?

Anyway, I don't think I'm too fired up about muleys yet, but I said the same thing about elk two years ago, and look at me now... I haven't even been out there yet (not to hunt, anyway), and it haunts my sleep. That said, I'm sure as heck not gonna turn one down if he steps in front of me... unless there's an elk standing right next to him

I'm happy just to be out in the west... sounds cheesy, but some people get down on the "salt life", but give me mountains and conifers/aspens, and I'm happy as a clam. Add in big, tasty critters, and what's not to love? Hence the desire to uproot and settle out that way

That said, as was already mentioned, any critter taken is indeed a trophy. I would obviously like my first to be a bull, but not necessarily the biggest, baddest dude out there. Any elk is big than no elk.

Thanks again, and I look forward to the learning curve!

So Mote it Be,
    Rad

RLTW!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 450 Times in 122 Posts
    I see you are a traveling man also. When you get ready, PM me and we can discuss some of the issues you have.

"So mote it be"
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 106 Times in 22 Posts
    When you apply for a party tag in WY, all your points are averaged for the draw. In CO, you go into the draw with the number of points that the lowest party applicant has, so be real wary. In both cases, you only lose your points if you draw your first choice. You can not buy a point and get a first choice hunt (for the same species) in the same year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    welcome to the forum

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with hunt applications this year, hope you draw out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12