Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 221 Times in 37 Posts

Resident Preference Points for Deer, Elk and Antelope??

Wyoming legislators are proposing a bill that would give the Game and Fish Commission authority to develop a preference point system for resident deer, elk and antelope. What do you think? I say keep it as it is!

https://legiscan.com/WY/bill/HB0042/2019
    Don't fence me in!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to highplainsdrifter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,470 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 504 Times in 131 Posts
    If I was a Wyoming resident, I'd be screaming my head off. Better start calling them, tell them NO...NO...No!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 73 Times in 15 Posts
    X2 on what CC said. If I was a resident, I would fight it every way I could. Point system looks pretty good till you draw your first tag, then your on the outside looking in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member
    Colorado Bowhunters Life Member
    Nebraska Bowhunters Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 18 Posts
    Yeah. Residents deserve better than that; yikes.

I guess I'm curious what's the problem this would fix? Maybe I shouldn't assume things either...lol

Someone from the Cowboy State will shed more light on this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Prerylyon; 01-06-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 172 Times in 26 Posts
    I have already emailed my rep, Bill Haley, I think he may be on the bill. Told him no way and he stated he wants to hear from his folks in Albany County. Send him an email:Bill.Haley@wyoleg.gov

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Prerylyon View Post
    Yeah. Residents deserve better than that; yikes.

I guess I'm curious what's the problem this would fix? Maybe I shouldn't assume things either...lol

Someone from the Cowboy State will shed more light on this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
    Plain & simple....MONEY! If this is passed, they won't just give you points. Look at what NR's have to pay for points.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 221 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wy-tex View Post
    I have already emailed my rep, Bill Haley, I think he may be on the bill. Told him no way and he stated he wants to hear from his folks in Albany County. Send him an email:Bill.Haley@wyoleg.gov
    Yes, Haley is on the bill. Here are the sponsors: Representative(s) Sweeney, Barlow, Brown, Duncan, Haley, Harshman, Henderson, Loucks and Paxton and Senator(s) Anselmi-Dalton and Bebout
    Don't fence me in!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think this is complete garbage. All this is coming from a guy in a suit and tie that sits behind a desk all day that’s never hunted a day in his life brainstorming on how to increase income to the state. If I was a resident I would be voicing my opinion very loudly on this one. Pretty soon people won’t be able to afford to hunt. It’s become such a big money game.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are residents in Wyoming that do not draw year after year where others do. To take the "bad" luck out from pure random draw, it has been said before to give them preference for their past draw results. These records are already on electronic file and simple programming changes would an should cost nothing to the residents or the state. Would not change resident quotas. Most important it would not change their theoretical odds but actually guarantee the resident those dodds. This should only be objectional to the "super lucky" but not to those that are not successful year after year.
    This would not be a "buy" point preference system. But rather draw preference for those unlucky the year before.
    This is what I heard before and can't say if it would be fair or not, especially in a state like WY where the outfitter lobby is so powerful.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mnbogboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Mnbogboy View Post
    This would not be a "buy" point preference system.
    And how, may I ask, do you know this? When NR's are paying a lot for point, do you really think the Legislature would not tap into the resident pool also?
    Colorado Cowboy
    Aldous Huxley

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast